    I've heard that Microsoft are planning on phasing out the
    MCSE in the next few years... anyone know if there's any
    truth in this rumour?
    Jeff, Oct 9, 2003

  2. You misinterpreted. They are going to phase out the MCSE's that are
    worthless in the workplace.

    --
    Politician Spock
    MCSA, CCEA, MCNGP #15

    Politician Spock, Oct 9, 2003

  3. Jeff

    brianz Guest

    Same thing?
    "Politician Spock" <> wrote in message
    > You misinterpreted. They are going to phase out the MCSE's that are
    > worthless in the workplace.
    >
    > --
    > Politician Spock
    > MCSA, CCEA, MCNGP #15
    > The MCNGP Team - We're here to help

    rights.

    brianz, Oct 9, 2003
  4. No, the MCSE will still exist. However, Microsoft will revamp their testing
    process to make it harder for the current worthless MCSE's to upgrade. I
    would love to see the MCSE be tested like the CCIE, however that might be
    too extreme to be feasible.

    Politician Spock, Oct 9, 2003
  5. Jeff

    Nic Guest

    > No, the MCSE will still exist. However, Microsoft will revamp their testing
    > process to make it harder for the current worthless MCSE's to upgrade. I

    > Politician Spock
    > MCSA, CCEA, MCNGP #15

    MCSE missing?
    Nic, Oct 9, 2003
  6. "Nic" <> wrote in message

    kelodeon missing?

    --
    Fris "SpongeFris Roundpants" bee® MCNGP #13

    http://www.mcngp.tk
    The MCNGP Team - We're here to help
    =?Windows-1252?Q?Frisbee=AE_MCNGP?=, Oct 9, 2003
  7. Jeff

    Alice Ciccu Guest

    "This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights."
    "Jeff" <> wrote in message
    > I've heard that Microsoft are planning on phasing out the
    > MCSE in the next few years... anyone know if there's any
    > truth in this rumour?

    Jeff,

    There are no plans to phase out the MCSE in the next few years. From time to
    time we will retire exams and it will not be possible to earn certain
    versions of the MCSE, like MCSE on NT 4, but we will not be phasing out the
    credential.

    --
    Alice Ciccu
    Assessments and Certification Exams
    Alice Ciccu, Oct 9, 2003
  8. "Nic" <> wrote in message
    > > No, the MCSE will still exist. However, Microsoft will revamp their

    testing
    > > process to make it harder for the current worthless MCSE's to upgrade. I

    > > Politician Spock
    > > MCSA, CCEA, MCNGP #15

    > MCSE missing?

    Something needs to be necessary before it can be construed as missing.

    Politician Spock, Oct 9, 2003
  9. Jeff

    Maestro Guest

    I don't think that's too extreme at all. If Microsoft
    would set up test centers and require MCSE candidates to
    take practical exams that would go a long way towards the
    MCSE carrying the same status as the CCIE, as well as
    weeding out the paper MCSEs. Notice that anyone can can
    produce CCIE credentals does not get questioned about
    their abilites because they've already demonstrated that
    they have them in an arduous lab that earns them their
    cert.

    confers no rights.
    >You assume all risk for your use. Not responsible for

    your inability to
    >understand logic, ambiguous references, sarcasm, the

    imaginary gnomes
    >living in my garden, or William Shatner's acting.
    >© 2003 Star Trek Federation. All rights reserved.
    >
    >"brianz" <> wrote in message
    >> Same thing?
    >> "Politician Spock" <> wrote in

    message