    Thanks in advance for your answers and comments.

    Steve
    ..
    Steve, Dec 3, 2003

  2. Steve

    MCSE World Guest

    NOT TRUE.

    MCSE on Windows 2000 will never expire, once you have it you have it
    forever. What will happen is eventually (say 2005-2007 time frame),
    Microsoft will start to restire the Windows 2000 MCP exams, preventing
    people from being able to certify as a MCSE on Windows 2000 at that time.

    Best,
    Will
    www.mcseworld.com

    MCSE World, Dec 3, 2003

  3. Steve

    Sonji Guest

    Well, next year you may have to take 2 Exams to upgrade
    from MCSE 2000 to MCSE 2003.. exams being 70-292 -
    Managing and Maintaining a Microsoft Windows Server 2003
    Environment for an MCSA Certified on Windows 2000 and exam
    70-296 - Planning, Implementing, and Maintaining a
    Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Environment for an MCSE
    Certified on Windows 2000. more information can be found
    here..

    http://www.microsoft.com/Traincert/mcp/mcse/windows2003/upg
    rade.asp

    Sonji, Dec 3, 2003
  4. Steve

    Kline Sphere Guest

    >MCSE on Windows 2000 will never expire,

    Never is a long time......
    Kline Sphere, Dec 3, 2003
  5. Steve

    MCSE World Guest

    Indeed it is, but then again look at all those NT 4.0 MCSEs still chugging
    along with no problems.

    Best,
    Will
    www.mcseworld.com

    MCSE World, Dec 4, 2003
  6. Steve

    iCertify.net Guest

    There are rumours circulating, that Microsoft will eventually expire the NT4
    MCSE's just as they did the 3.51 MCSE's. If this occurs, it means that the
    MCSE 2K MCSE's may eventually have their certifications expired - but that
    won't be for a very long time.

    Whether the rumours are true or not, is something I haven't been able to pin
    point as of yet - but I would imagine that because they expired the NT 3.51
    MCSE's just before the Win2K cert came out - well, I wouldn't doubt that it
    could happen someday.

    I wouldn't worry too much now though - like I said, if the rumours are true,
    I would imagine it would still be quite a long time before they would
    retired the Win2K MCSE.
    --
    Paisleyskye
    http://www.icertify.net