Encryption wraper program

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Collector»NZ, Jan 23, 2005.

  1. A few weeks ago I enquired about an email encryption program for a small
    closed group of ludite users, basically I was after a wraper to allow
    simple encrypted and authenticated document email.

    I have found something that comes close to my original requesters
    requirements which may be of interest to people here.

    https://www.ciphirebeta.com/

    It looks good and actually does most of what I wanted except it dosnt
    have the Private key on a removeable media and uses a centralised store
    for Public keys and Certificates.
    We are also not to keen on it being a proxy between mail client and mail
    server examining all all mails to determine if they are/not encrypted or
    signed.
    Still it has given me direction and ideas for the system they want and I
    am working on it still.

    | Local 40.9000°S, 174.9830°E |
    Fools ignore complexity. Pragmatists suffer it. Some can avoid it.
    Geniuses remove it

    Collector»NZ, Jan 23, 2005

  2. Collector»NZ

    Richard Guest

    Collector»NZ wrote:

    > A few weeks ago I enquired about an email encryption program for a small
    > closed group of ludite users, basically I was after a wraper to allow
    > simple encrypted and authenticated document email.
    >
    > I have found something that comes close to my original requesters
    > requirements which may be of interest to people here.

    Whats wrong with just getting certs and using smime built into most email programs?

    Richard, Jan 24, 2005

  3. Richard said the following on 24/01/2005 5:31 p.m.:
    > Collector»NZ wrote:
    >
    >> A few weeks ago I enquired about an email encryption program for a
    >> small closed group of ludite users, basically I was after a wraper to
    >> allow simple encrypted and authenticated document email.
    >>
    >> I have found something that comes close to my original requesters
    >> requirements which may be of interest to people here.
    >>

    > Whats wrong with just getting certs and using smime built into most
    > email programs?

    Dosnt suit my requester who wants a closed group situation, IE no cert
    issuers, group control of keys and revocation. General PKI is not
    acceptable in the situation the have.

    Collector»NZ, Jan 24, 2005