Encryption software...

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Kumud Ranjan Supri Kumwamkia Sumu, Jan 10, 2005.

  1. .... for volumes, folders and files with XP Pro.

    State your recommendations and why?
    Kumud Ranjan Supri Kumwamkia Sumu, Jan 10, 2005

  2. Kumud Ranjan Supri Kumwamkia Sumu

    Ira Hayes Guest

    "Kumud Ranjan Supri Kumwamkia Sumu" <> wrote in message
    > ... for volumes, folders and files with XP Pro.
    >
    > State your recommendations and why?

    I like PGP.

    High security, ease of use, low price.

    Ike
    Ira Hayes, Jan 10, 2005

  3. Kumud Ranjan Supri Kumwamkia Sumu

    John Smith Guest

    Damian wrote:

    >> By that logic, you'd trust the XP firewall instead of a third-party
    >> one? Just because "it came with XP" doesn't mean it's the best
    >> solution, twat.

    > Actually twat, you _can_ trust the XP Firewall.

    Not to prevent OUTGOING data, twat. The XP firewall only prevents
    INCOMING data, and doesn't prevent apps from "phoning home". Why
    not get a clue before responding?
    John Smith, Jan 10, 2005
  4. Kumud Ranjan Supri Kumwamkia Sumu

    Damian Guest

    John Smith wrote:
    > Damian wrote:
    >
    >>> By that logic, you'd trust the XP firewall instead of a third-party
    >>> one? Just because "it came with XP" doesn't mean it's the best
    >>> solution, twat.

    >> Actually twat, you _can_ trust the XP Firewall.

    > Not to prevent OUTGOING data, twat. The XP firewall only prevents
    > INCOMING data, and doesn't prevent apps from "phoning home". Why
    > not get a clue before responding?

    Typical twat. Adds a 'clarification' after he gets called on posting his
    bullshit. You're in need of the clue arsehole.
    Damian, Jan 10, 2005
  5. Kumud Ranjan Supri Kumwamkia Sumu

    Dimitris Guest

    John Smith wrote:
    > Damian wrote:
    >
    >>> By that logic, you'd trust the XP firewall instead of a third-party
    >>> one? Just because "it came with XP" doesn't mean it's the best
    >>> solution, twat.

    >> Actually twat, you _can_ trust the XP Firewall.

    > Not to prevent OUTGOING data, twat. The XP firewall only prevents
    > INCOMING data, and doesn't prevent apps from "phoning home". Why
    > not get a clue before responding?

    John, John, John... you should have quit while you were behind instead of
    that lame attempt to cover your ass. Your original post was wrong. It's that
    simple... Now, you've confirmed that /YOU'RE/ the twat.
    Dimitris, Jan 10, 2005
  6. John Smith wrote:
    > Damian wrote:
    >
    >>> By that logic, you'd trust the XP firewall instead of a third-party
    >>> one? Just because "it came with XP" doesn't mean it's the best
    >>> solution, twat.

    >> Actually twat, you _can_ trust the XP Firewall.

    > Not to prevent OUTGOING data, twat. The XP firewall only prevents
    > INCOMING data, and doesn't prevent apps from "phoning home". Why
    > not get a clue before responding?

    Show where the poster cited an opinion on data flow,
    you dumb fuckstick.
    Kickmuck Scrotox, Jan 10, 2005
  7. Kumud Ranjan Supri Kumwamkia Sumu

    lsj7 Guest

    Kumud Ranjan Supri Kumwamkia Sumu wrote:
    > ... for volumes, folders and files with XP Pro.
    >
    > State your recommendations and why?

    http://www.osborn-software.com/

    ease of use

    --

    Cherish, therefore, the spirit of our people, and keep alive their
    attention. .If once they become inattentive to the public affairs, you

    _________Jefferson to Carrington 1787

    lsj7
    lsj7, Jan 10, 2005
  8. "Kumud Ranjan Supri Kumwamkia Sumu" <> wrote in

    > ... for volumes, folders and files with XP Pro.
    >
    > State your recommendations and why?

    I like TrueCrypt (on-the-fly-encryption). It has industrial strength
    encryption, it's free, container files may be moved encrypted to other
    machines.

    <http://truecrypt.sourceforge.net/>

    -- John
    John Wunderlich, Jan 10, 2005
  9. Kumud Ranjan Supri Kumwamkia Sumu

    lsj7 Guest

    lsj7 wrote:
    > Kumud Ranjan Supri Kumwamkia Sumu wrote:
    >> ... for volumes, folders and files with XP Pro.
    >>
    >> State your recommendations and why?

    > http://www.osborn-software.com/
    >
    > ease of use

    or download it from here:

    http://www.sofotex.com/Atronics-File-Security-download_L13337.html

    lsj7, Jan 10, 2005
  10. On Mon, 10 Jan 2005 11:51:40 -0800, "Dimitris" <>
    wrote:

    >> Not to prevent OUTGOING data, twat. The XP firewall only prevents
    >> INCOMING data, and doesn't prevent apps from "phoning home". Why
    >> not get a clue before responding?

    >John, John, John... you should have quit while you were behind instead of
    >that lame attempt to cover your ass. Your original post was wrong. It's that
    >simple... Now, you've confirmed that /YOU'RE/ the twat.

    ALWAYS TRUST MICRO$OFT!!!! AND BILL GATE$!!!1

    Swill

    --
    If electricity comes from electrons,
    does morality come from morons?