    files. However, when I right click on the file, the encryption choice is
    "greyed" out. Any ideas on how to sort this out, or recommend an alternative
    program? Many thanks.
    Danny, Jun 2, 2006

  2. Danny

    Mike Easter Guest

    Danny wrote:
    > I've downloaded RJH Extensions in order that I can encrypt my personal
    > files. However, when I right click on the file, the encryption choice
    > is "greyed" out. Any ideas on how to sort this out, or recommend an
    > alternative program? Many thanks.

    http://shinobiresources.com/notes/rjh_notes.htm The utility consists of
    the following extensions and an organizer that allows you to control the
    placement of the extensions: [...] rjhExtensions Organizer: - The
    organizer is a small application that allows you to select which
    extensions will appear on the context menu, whether the extension will
    be on the main context menu or a submenu and the order in which the
    extensions will appear on the menu.

    Since the encrypt function is one of the extensions, you must need to
    enable the encrypt extension with the organizer. Not having it
    installed on my system, I can't see/say how the organizer interfaces.

    --
    Mike Easter
    Mike Easter, Jun 2, 2006

  3. Danny

    Danny Guest

    "Mike Easter" <> wrote in message
    > Danny wrote:
    >> I've downloaded RJH Extensions in order that I can encrypt my personal
    >> files. However, when I right click on the file, the encryption choice
    >> is "greyed" out. Any ideas on how to sort this out, or recommend an
    >> alternative program? Many thanks.

    > http://shinobiresources.com/notes/rjh_notes.htm The utility consists of
    > the following extensions and an organizer that allows you to control the
    > placement of the extensions: [...] rjhExtensions Organizer: - The
    > organizer is a small application that allows you to select which
    > extensions will appear on the context menu, whether the extension will
    > be on the main context menu or a submenu and the order in which the
    > extensions will appear on the menu.
    >

    > Since the encrypt function is one of the extensions, you must need to
    > enable the encrypt extension with the organizer. Not having it
    > installed on my system, I can't see/say how the organizer interfaces.
    >

    > --
    > Mike Easter

    No option for that, unfortunately. Been thru everything available. Thought
    it must be a windows file view option. Driving me nuts!! Anyone know a
    different encryption program that works?
    Danny, Jun 2, 2006
  4. "Danny" <> wrote in

    > I've downloaded RJH Extensions in order that I can encrypt my
    > personal files. However, when I right click on the file, the
    > encryption choice is "greyed" out. Any ideas on how to sort this
    > out, or recommend an alternative program? Many thanks.

    An excellent freeware program for on-the-fly-encryption is Truecrypt.
    It creates a virtual disk which only mounts with a password (one of
    several options). Anything placed on this "disk" is encrypted. You
    mount it only when needed and when mounted you have free access to data
    on it.

    <http://www.truecrypt.org>

    HTH,
    John
    John Wunderlich, Jun 2, 2006
  5. Danny

    ellis_jay Guest

    Danny wrote:
    > I've downloaded RJH Extensions in order that I can encrypt my personal
    > files. However, when I right click on the file, the encryption choice
    > is "greyed" out. Any ideas on how to sort this out, or recommend an
    > alternative program? Many thanks.

    Great free program here:

    http://www.sofotex.com/Atronics-File-Security-download_L13337.html

    ___Sador the carpenter to Turin