    Thanks,

    CR
    , May 20, 2006

  2. Guest

    Thanks Todd, well said.

    Cheers.
    , May 20, 2006

  3. Todd H. Guest

    writes:
    > Hi,
    >
    > Caveat: I have no idea how this cool stuff works.
    >
    > I have MS Powerpoint presentations I want to have someone show for me
    > in my absence. However, I'm not willing to share!
    >
    > I can convert the PP into a .exe file, so my specific needs are:
    >
    > 1. Seperate user and administrator passwords
    > 2. User password is only good for 1-2 file showings
    > 3. File becomes unusable after a set amount of time.
    >
    > Any suggestions?

    What you want isn't encryption so much as digital rights management
    (DRM). The same stuff the friggin RIAA is so fond of.

    And Office newsgroup would probably have more info perhaps.

    Security wise, if they can show it once, they can capture the info if
    they're interested enough (screen grabs, or vmware movies of the
    session would be the final things you couldn't avoid), so you're
    really limited to making it inconvenient for them to borrow the
    content.

    I'd make a copyright statement visible on every slide, make the .exe
    file, clap my hands together with a calculated risk for letting
    someone other than you show the slides vs the possibility someone will
    "steal" them, and move on with life.

    Best Regards,
    --
    Todd H.
    http://www.toddh.net/
    Todd H., May 20, 2006
  4. Imhotep Guest

    wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > Caveat: I have no idea how this cool stuff works.
    >
    > I have MS Powerpoint presentations I want to have someone show for me
    > in my absence. However, I'm not willing to share!
    >
    > I can convert the PP into a .exe file, so my specific needs are:
    >
    > 1. Seperate user and administrator passwords
    > 2. User password is only good for 1-2 file showings
    > 3. File becomes unusable after a set amount of time.
    >
    > Any suggestions?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > CR

    ....yes. Stop being foolish and share...
    Imhotep, May 23, 2006