Encrypted container on DVDRW - best method?

Discussion in 'Computer Security' started by Tree Feller, Dec 22, 2004.

  1. Tree Feller

    Tree Feller Guest

    This is the scenario - I want to save my files to several encrypted
    containers, using the same password for all containers and then write
    these containers to blank DVDRW disks.

    The question - Should I:

    a) use the same container each time, just refilling it with the new
    files or

    b) use newly generated containers each time

    My thoughts are that (a) would be better. I would have thought that
    because I am using the same password for all the containers, then
    having many newly generated containers with the same password as in
    (b) would allow easier recovery of the password and so access to the
    files. Whereas in (a) there would only ever be one version of the
    critical 'header' information containing the critical password stuff
    no matter how many containers I use.

    I would be interested in your thoughts.

    Tree Feller, Dec 22, 2004