    How do I encode an Xvid with VBR MP3 to DVD format with audio that is
    synched properly with the video?

    TIA.
    Jase, Aug 27, 2005

  2. Jase

    Kievlar Guest

    You might be better served to use CBR rather than VBR.

    Kievlar

    Kievlar, Aug 28, 2005

  3. Jase

    Billy Joe Guest

    Jase wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have an Xvid file that uses LAME VBR MP3 audio and it doesn't
    > encode to DVD properly. I am using Tmpgenc to encode the video - and
    > this works fine, but the audio doesn't encode (it's silent).
    >
    > To get round this I tried using NanDub (a modification of VirtualDub)
    > to extract the audio as a uncompressed WAV then encode this WAV into
    > MP2 format - but whilst this allows me to hear the audio, it becomes
    > more and more out of synch with the video as the MPEG plays.
    >
    > How do I encode an Xvid with VBR MP3 to DVD format with audio that is
    > synched properly with the video?
    >
    > TIA.

    Try VSO's DivxToDVD. The free beta was recently still available on their
    site, the supported program is now fee-based.

    First: it's way faster than TMPGEnc. Second: the beta has some bugs - the
    main one being a time-base correction error which causes the program to LOOP
    thru the source material. The error is easily fixed, but you have to be
    there ;-0)

    In the event that the VIDEO_TS produced is larger than a DVD5 disc, use DVD
    Shrink to either reduce the files or split them.

    BJ
    Billy Joe, Aug 29, 2005
  4. Jase

    Netmask Guest

    Use AutoGK 2.16b to re-encode the Xvid file to DivX or if you want to keep
    Xvid select Xvid in the options. In the hidden menu (control f9 you can
    select force mp3 if you wish).

    Netmask, Aug 29, 2005