    Conrad

    Conrad Weiler
    Camp Sherman, Oregon

    Conrad Weiler, Jul 29, 2003

  2. Conrad Weiler

    Guest

    In article <>,
    (Conrad Weiler) writes:
    > Friend has about 100 glass encased slides she wants copied to CD and having
    > trouble finding service outfit that will do this. Any suggestions appreciated.

    I'm not sure if that helps but I just got Photoshop Restoration and
    Retouching (2nd edition) by Katrin Eismann, and in it she describes
    various problems she, or some collegue, has run into scanning slides.
    In one case the slide was mounted inside a convex glass bowl.
    From the description, they made copies of the slides and then scanned
    the copies.
    Maybe your friend can have some outfit follow the same technique if
    they have problem scanning the original.

    Failing that, why not ask Katrin for advice. She really does some
    amazing restorations. I bought the book sight unseen from a recomendation
    I found in this newsgroup a while ago and I don't regret one cent.
    Her email is available from <http://www.digitalretouch.com>

    bruno.

    , Aug 5, 2003