Encarta 2004 Reference Library & Avantis CDserve

Discussion in 'MCSE' started by chris, Nov 3, 2003.

  1. chris

    chris Guest

    I installed encarty on this xp box via cd serve and video
    seems to be working fine. the only thintg i cant get to
    work is the animations and interactive stuff.

    When i fire up any kind of animation, there is a short
    pause (the box where the animation should be is slightly
    greyed (loading etc) - then encarta crashes

    AppName - Encarta.exe
    ModName - sisgl.dll

    i get errors in the application log of event viewer with

    The description for Event ID ( 4 ) in Source ( OpenCD )
    cannot be found. The local computer may not have the
    necessary registry information or message DLL files to
    display messages from a remote computer. You may be able
    to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description;
    see Help and Support for details. The following
    information is part of the event: RegHelper: RegOpenKey
    (): The system cannot find the file specified.

    and

    The description for Event ID ( 1000 ) in Source ( Encarta
    2004 ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have
    the necessary registry information or message DLL files
    to display messages from a remote computer. You may be
    able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this
    description; see Help and Support for details. The
    following information is part of the event: encarta.exe,
    13.0.2182.531, sisgl.dll, 6.13.10.2130, 0000f929.

    -----

    now i have read similar situation that if i removed
    shockwave and repaired it again via encarta setup it will
    work fine. alas, it doesnt work for me

    Please advise,

    chris

    chris, Nov 3, 2003