    defined correctly in the windows audio section.

    the device is a cmedia 8738 7 channels pci.

    Appreciate your help.
    =?Utf-8?B?bGRhd29sZg==?=, Jul 7, 2007

  2. Idawolf:
    I have the same problem in Vista x64 with Creativelabs SB 24bit card.
    The problem lies in the sound card driver, which doesn't have the LFE option
    available.
    That option redirects the lower frequencies to the subwoofer.
    Even though you may test the 6 speakers and hear sound coming from them, if
    there is no LFE option, then WMP doesn't use the subwoofer.
    Workaround.
    Use Media Player Classic and remap the speakers in the mixer.
    Close it, open it again and presto! you've got deep bass.
    That worked for me.
    Carlos

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Jul 8, 2007

  3. Thanks,

    it solved the problem.
    too bad the subwoofer still doesn't play sound when using the new version of
    media player.

    =?Utf-8?B?bGRhd29sZg==?=, Jul 9, 2007
  4. Idawolf:
    It seems that WMP is the only one lacking the intelligence of deep bass
    redirection.
    If you play MP3's with Nero Show Time you will be able to listen bass sounds
    in your subwoofer.
    Same goes to Media Player Classic.
    One funny thing though is that WMP handles 5.1 encoded files (a.k.a. Dolby
    AC3) nicely.
    Try playing an AVI with 5.1 Dolby AC3 and you will get your subwoofer
    pumping air in your stomach.
    Try playing an MP3 and it will sound flat.
    Still cannot figure out why.
    Carlos

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Jul 9, 2007
  5. Might be related to 4GB in your system.

    My surround sound doesn't work with 4GB.

    I set /maxmem to 2048, then it works ;)

    I got x-fi elite pro sound card ;)

    Bye,
    Skybuck.