Enabling LFI breaks large packets on 1751 ADSL WIC

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Dieter Jansen, Jun 5, 2005.

  1. Hi Folks,

    I have a 1751 with ADSL WIC router running c1700-k9o3sy7-mz.122-4.T7.bin .

    Hardware version is:

    Processor board ID JAD06390273 (608006408), with hardware revision 0000
    M860 processor: part number 5, mask 2

    It has been working well for some time, however when I try to add LFI to
    the QoS configuration, pings over a given size sent to devices on the LAN
    interface get broken. Interestingly, pings to the LAN interface IP itself
    still work.

    The size at which things break is related to the fragment size specified
    in the "ppp multilink fragment-delay xx" as follows:

    FragmentDelay Max OK ping Size
    (msec) (bytes)

    4 230
    5 294
    6 358
    7 422
    8 486
    9 550
    10 614
    15 934
    20 1254

    The interfaces are configured as follows:

    interface ATM0/0
    no ip address
    no ip mroute-cache
    atm vc-per-vp 256
    no atm ilmi-keepalive
    pvc 8/35
    encapsulation aal5snap
    protocol ip inarp
    protocol ppp dialer
    dialer pool-member 1
    !
    dsl operating-mode auto
    no fair-queue
    bridge-group 1
    hold-queue 224 in
    !
    interface ATM0/0.1 point-to-point
    no ip mroute-cache
    interface FastEthernet0/0
    ip address x.x.x.x 255.255.255.0
    service-policy input DiffServ-Marking-XXX
    no ip mroute-cache
    speed auto
    hold-queue 100 out
    interface Dialer1
    bandwidth 512
    ip address negotiated
    service-policy output QoS-XXX
    encapsulation ppp
    ip tcp header-compression
    no ip mroute-cache
    dialer pool 1
    dialer idle-timeout 0
    dialer persistent delay initial 30
    dialer persistent delay 30
    dialer persistent max-attempts 3
    dialer-group 1
    ppp authentication chap callin
    ppp chap hostname x
    ppp chap password 7 xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    ppp multilink
    ppp multilink fragment-delay 10
    ppp multilink interleave

    Everything works until I enter the "ppp multilink frahme-delay" line to
    the Dialer interface, and everything starts working again once I delete
    that line.

    I'm tearing my hair out over this! Any insights very much appreciated.

    Cheers, Dieter.
    Dieter Jansen, Jun 5, 2005