    usually cause a blue screen.

    Please Help!!
    Thanks

    Bob, Dec 14, 2006

  2. Hi

    Might be that the IT manger that locked the device manger can help?

    Otherwise, if we help you, we violate some one else security settings.

    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Dec 14, 2006

  3. Bob

    Bob Guest

    Thanks Jack for your concern with my companys security. I'm glad you took
    the time for your reply. My reason for asking this question is to try to fix
    the comapany disk image that I am developing. The whole point is to not give
    access to device manager.

    Bob, Dec 14, 2006
  4. Bob

    Pavel A. Guest

    "Bob" <> wrote in message news:...
    > Hello,
    > I am trying to figure out a way to enable and disable a wireless nic card in windows XP when a active directory user
    > without rights to access the device manager is logged onto the machine. I am thinking its gonna be a registry key, but I am
    > unable to locate anything.

    No this is not in registry and even not in Group policy.
    AFAIK, a caller of the relevant APIs must have admin rights.

    Many PC models these days have a "wireless off" switch.
    It is easy to understand and does not need any rights
    or other confusing things.

    Of course turning the RF off is not the same as disabling the adapter
    in dev. manager, but the effect is almost same.

    Regards,
    --PA

    Pavel A., Dec 14, 2006