    Image text-base: 0x60008950, data-base: 0x60A2A000

    ROM: System Bootstrap, Version 11.1(20)AA2, EARLY DEPLOYMENT RELEASE
    SOFTWARE (fc1)

    Matt, Mar 4, 2004

  2. Matt <> wrote in news::

    > What do I need to do to enable SSH on a Cisco 3400 router?

    Try this:

    Router (config) # line vty 0 3
    Router (config-line) # transport input ssh

    Unfortunately not all cisco routers support SSH...

    --
    Regards,
    Carsten

    (Bei eMail-Kontakt, bitte "USENET" im Betreff mit angeben.
    For emails: Please specify "USENET" in the subject.)

    Carsten Schneider, Mar 4, 2004

  3. Matt

    Matt Guest

    Carsten Schneider wrote:
    > Matt <> wrote in news::
    >

    >>What do I need to do to enable SSH on a Cisco 3400 router?
    >>

    > Try this:
    >
    > Router (config) # line vty 0 3
    > Router (config-line) # transport input ssh
    >
    > Unfortunately not all cisco routers support SSH...

    Enter configuration commands, one per line. End with CNTL/Z.
    orion(config)#line vty 0 3
    orion(config-line)#tr
    orion(config-line)#transport in
    orion(config-line)#transport input s
    orion(config-line)#transport input s
    orion(config-line)#transport input s
    orion(config-line)#transport input ss
    orion(config-line)#transport input ss
    orion(config-line)#transport input ss
    orion(config-line)#transport input ss
    orion(config-line)#transport input ss
    orion(config-line)#transport input ss
    orion(config-line)#transport input ss?
    % Unrecognized command

    Seems mine doesn't recognize it...
    Will upgrading the IOS fix this?

    Matt, Mar 4, 2004
  4. Matt

    Kurt Jaeger Guest

    Hi!

    >>>What do I need to do to enable SSH on a Cisco 3400 router?

    [...]
    >Seems mine doesn't recognize it...
    >Will upgrading the IOS fix this?

    Yes, if you have enough flash and ram.

    --
    MfG/Best regards, Kurt Jaeger 16 years to go !
    LF.net GmbH fon +49 711 90074-23

    Kurt Jaeger, Mar 4, 2004
  5. Matt <> wrote in news::

    > Carsten Schneider wrote:
    >> Matt <> wrote in news::
    >>

    >>>What do I need to do to enable SSH on a Cisco 3400 router?
    >>>

    >> Try this:
    >>
    >> Router (config) # line vty 0 3
    >> Router (config-line) # transport input ssh
    >>
    >> Unfortunately not all cisco routers support SSH...
    >>

    > Enter configuration commands, one per line. End with CNTL/Z.
    > orion(config)#line vty 0 3
    > orion(config-line)#tr
    > orion(config-line)#transport in
    > orion(config-line)#transport input s
    > orion(config-line)#transport input s
    > orion(config-line)#transport input s
    > orion(config-line)#transport input ss
    > orion(config-line)#transport input ss
    > orion(config-line)#transport input ss
    > orion(config-line)#transport input ss
    > orion(config-line)#transport input ss
    > orion(config-line)#transport input ss
    > orion(config-line)#transport input ss?
    > % Unrecognized command
    >
    > Seems mine doesn't recognize it...
    > Will upgrading the IOS fix this?

    Perhaps, but my 806 also doesn't support SSH... It depends on the router.

    --
    Gruß,

    Carsten Schneider, Mar 5, 2004
  6. On Thu, 04 Mar 2004 10:11:37 -0500, Matt wrote:

    > What do I need to do to enable SSH on a Cisco 3400 router?
    >
    > Cisco Internetwork Operating System Software IOS (tm) 3600 Software
    > (C3640-I-M), Version 12.1(5)T15, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc2) TAC Support:
    > http://www.cisco.com/tac Copyright (c) 1986-2003 by cisco Systems, Inc.
    > Compiled Fri 18-Jul-03 11:07 by kellmill Image text-base: 0x60008950,
    > data-base: 0x60A2A000
    >
    > ROM: System Bootstrap, Version 11.1(20)AA2, EARLY DEPLOYMENT RELEASE
    > SOFTWARE (fc1)

    They have changed the feature navigator interface yet again, but I
    think about the minimum IOS you need for SSH on your 3640 would be
    c3640-is56i-mz.12.15.T16 whis is the IP PLUS IPSEC 56 feature set and
    wants a recommended minimum 48MB DRAM and 16MB flash.

    That gets you SECURE SHELL SSH VERSION 1 SERVER SUPPORT with 56 bit
    encryption. You can go up from there.

    --
    Rgds,
    Martin

    Martin Gallagher, Mar 5, 2004
  7. Matt

    Mustafa Aksu

    Joined:
    Apr 15, 2008
    Messages:
    2
    Hi,
    I saw that this is a very old thread but just to help new visitors.
    - Yes SSH support starts after some IOS versions
    - Your IOS must be K9 (includes k9 in its name) it means with crypto. There are still some IOS images W/O CRYPTO because of export limitations to some countries.
    - And you should make necessary configuration . You can find a sample at http://cisco-network.com/hands-on/ssh-cisco/

    Mustafa Aksu, Sep 1, 2011