    mfg

    Thomas Sommer
    , Oct 16, 2006

  2. Tom Guest

    On 16 Oct 2006 05:39:29 -0700, wrote:

    >Hi there,
    >
    >i would enable Span on my Switch. I use these Commands:
    >1. monitor session 1 source GigabitEthetnet 0/1 both
    >2. monitor session 1 destination GigabitEthernet 0/23
    >
    >On Port GigabitEthernet 0/23 i have the Server which runs Ethereal.
    >When I enter the second command the GigabitEthernet 0/23 is
    >unavailable.
    >
    >Whats the Mistake?
    >
    >mfg
    >
    >Thomas Sommer

    I suspect you would want the destination to be FastEthernet0/23

    The 3500 switches only ever had at most 2 Gigabit interfaces

    Tom
    Tom, Oct 16, 2006

  3. Guest

    Hi Tom,

    thanks for your answer.
    The switch is correctly a 3560G. Now we found an Article, which
    describe that it is the correct effect on this switch.
    The Mirrorport itself is unavailable in this time.

    Regards

    Thomas
    , Oct 16, 2006
  4. Guest

    Hi Thomas,

    the correct input have to be ;-):

    monitor session 1 source interface GigabitEthetnet 0/1 both
    monitor session 1 destination interface GigabitEthernet 0/23

    I think the capture server would'nt be available remotly for the time
    you want to sniff. So be sure to have local access.

    Fred
    , Oct 16, 2006
  5. Guest

    GigabitEthernet