enable pipelining on Firefox

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by D Cheung, Feb 6, 2005.

  1. D Cheung

    D Cheung Guest

    D Cheung, Feb 6, 2005

  2. D Cheung

    Moz Champion Guest

    D Cheung wrote:

    > Anyone enable pipelining on Firefox? Is it really faster? Any test
    > sites I can check the speed?
    >
    > Thanks.
    >

    > D Cheung
    > http://www.opaltonsolutions.com

    It depends totally on the servers you access, and those servers you
    route thru.

    Pipelining is an experimental feature, designed to improve page-load
    performance, that is unfortunately not well supported by some web
    servers and proxies.

    Problem is, if any of the servers in your route dont provide for it,
    there will be no improvement when using it. There *shouldnt* be any
    downside from enabling it, but then again, that depends on the servers
    in question.

    I run with pipeliing enabled and havent noticed any problems stemming
    from such, tho, again, I havent noticed any improvements either <g>. My
    ISP doesnt support it.

    --
    Mozilla Champion
    UFAQ - http://www.UFAQ.org