    utility (Phoenix 15CN34WW V.2.7) even though I know that this processor
    does support it. Lenovo has no answer... who can tell me if there is a way
    to enable this feature in order to run XP mode in Win 7 Pro?

    flyboy, Feb 22, 2010

  2. Google for "lenovo y550 virtualisation". There is a reported BIOS hack
    to do this.
    http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/IdeaPad-Y-and-U-series-Laptops/Y550-Virtualization-Problem/m-p/207131

    Dominic Payer, Feb 24, 2010

  3. flyboy

    Anon Guest

    Dominic Payer wrote:
    > Google for "lenovo y550 virtualisation". There is a reported BIOS hack
    > to do this.
    > http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/IdeaPad-Y-and-U-series-Laptops/Y550-Virtualization-Problem/m-p/207131
    >

    > On 22/02/2010 17:01, flyboy wrote:
    >> I'm running a Lenovo Y550 laptop with a P8600 2.4 ghz processor and just
    >> upgraded from Vista Home Premium to Windows 7 Pro. I cannot (there is NO
    >> such option in the BIOS) enable hardware virtualization in the Bios
    >> Setup utility (Phoenix 15CN34WW V.2.7) even though I know that this
    >> processor does support it. Lenovo has no answer... who can tell me if
    >> there is a way to enable this feature in order to run XP mode in Win 7
    >> Pro?

    Microsoft has just released an upgrade to their virtualization software
    so that you can run XP without hardware virtualization. I read about it
    earlier today. Now you have to download and install three files, but it
    will work without the hardware support.

    Anon, Mar 24, 2010
  4. Don't forget the Win 7 XP mode is only for Pro, Ultimate and Enterprise.
    Supposedly it will not install on Home versions.

    But on Professional, Ultimate, and Enterprise there is a patch that
    eliminates the requirement for hardware visualization.

    Bobby Johnson, Mar 24, 2010