    I can not conect to the internet unless I go to control panel network
    connections, diasable it then enable to connect to the internet, it didnt
    bother me at first but its getting a bit of bug bear now.

    soylentgreen, Nov 23, 2007

  2. soylentgreen

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Fri, 23 Nov 2007 22:58:13 GMT, "soylentgreen" <>
    wrote:

    >I have broadband however for the last few months when I switch on my pc on
    >I can not conect to the internet unless I go to control panel network
    >connections, diasable it then enable to connect to the internet, it didnt
    >bother me at first but its getting a bit of bug bear now.

    As usual, no details provided. What sort of 'broadband' connection?
    PPPoE? DSL? Operating system? What error you get, and where...

    Evan Platt, Nov 23, 2007

  3. soylentgreen

    soylentgreen Guest

    Cable broadband, Xp media center version 2002, intel core cpu 6300.86ghz
    ,1.87 ghz 1.00gb ram. Hope that helps.

    soylentgreen, Nov 23, 2007
  4. soylentgreen

    ded Guest

    "soylentgreen" <> wrote in message
    >I have broadband however for the last few months when I switch on my pc on
    >I can not conect to the internet unless I go to control panel network
    >connections, diasable it then enable to connect to the internet, it didnt
    >bother me at first but its getting a bit of bug bear now.

    You're with virginmedia, so it would be a good guess you have the
    full cableTV/phone/internet package? If so, there is an obvious
    mis-configuration with the installation - goto VM site>support>common
    problems>FAQ, then follow the tutorial.
    (disabling and then re-enabling, if I remember all that is required is
    2 updates, but check the VM site).

    ded, Nov 23, 2007
  5. soylentgreen

    soylentgreen Guest

    Cheers for the advice but its a nightmare finding this on the virgin site,
    if you can find can you send me a link. Thanks

    soylentgreen, Nov 24, 2007
  6. soylentgreen

    > Cheers for the advice but its a nightmare finding this on the virgin site,
    > if you can find can you send me a link. Thanks

    It appears it is now called "help", but I found it in 20 seconds, why did
    you finsd it so tricky?
    Scroll down and the phone helpline has now "introduced a small charge"
    But to left is a help section with a glossary, and further down is a free
    download for a the Cable broadband troubleshooter

    http://www.virginmedia.com/help/

    ded, Nov 24, 2007
  7. ded wrote:

    > "soylentgreen" <> wrote in message
    >> Cheers for the advice but its a nightmare finding this on the virgin site,
    >> if you can find can you send me a link. Thanks

    > It appears it is now called "help", but I found it in 20 seconds, why did
    > you finsd it so tricky?
    > Scroll down and the phone helpline has now "introduced a small charge"
    > But to left is a help section with a glossary, and further down is a free
    > download for a the Cable broadband troubleshooter
    >
    > http://www.virginmedia.com/help/

    Help. Hmmm. Too simple; can't you make this complex? :)

    --
    Blinky
    Killing all posts from Google Groups

    Blinky the Shark, Nov 24, 2007