Enable/disable Javascript under IE 6

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Bluuuue Rajah, Feb 13, 2009.

  1. Under XP and IE 6, is there another way to enable/disable Javascript than
    the one I'm used to? The method I use is to go to Tools > Internet Options
    > Advanced > Security > Allow Active Content to Run in Files on My

    Computer. But I still seem to come across Javascript applications that
    aren't allowed to run on my computer. Is there another way that I should
    try?
    Bluuuue Rajah, Feb 13, 2009

  2. Bluuuue Rajah

    Ian Jackson Guest

    In message <Xns9BB196D054B4Ffdgdfjhsrtg@207.115.17.102>, Bluuuue Rajah
    <Bluuuuue@Rajah.?.invalid> writes

    >Under XP and IE 6, is there another way to enable/disable Javascript than
    >the one I'm used to? The method I use is to go to Tools > Internet Options
    >> Advanced > Security > Allow Active Content to Run in Files on My

    >Computer. But I still seem to come across Javascript applications that
    >aren't allowed to run on my computer. Is there another way that I should
    >try?

    Presumably this is a continuation of your posting 'Some Youtube videos
    won't play' at 13 Feb 2009 16:49:30 GMT?
    --
    Ian
    Ian Jackson, Feb 13, 2009

  3. Bluuuue Rajah

    why? Guest

    x-post trimmed from
    microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,24hoursupport.helpdesk
    to 24hoursupport.helpdesk

    On Fri, 13 Feb 2009 19:54:51 GMT, Bluuuue Rajah wrote:

    Your question isn't about the XP Help and Support Center, i.e. Start /
    Help and Support, the group you asked in.

    List of xp groups
    <http://groups.google.com/groups/dir?sel=usenet%3Dmicrosoft.public.windowsxp%2C&>

    List of IE groups
    <http://groups.google.com/groups/dir?sel=usenet%3Dmicrosoft.public.internetexplorer%2C&>

    >Under XP and IE 6, is there another way to enable/disable Javascript than
    >the one I'm used to? The method I use is to go to Tools > Internet Options
    >> Advanced > Security > Allow Active Content to Run in Files on My

    >Computer. But I still seem to come across Javascript applications that

    Such as what application, what web page URL?

    What error / status message.

    >aren't allowed to run on my computer. Is there another way that I should
    >try?

    You are sure it's an XP/IE6 issue?

    Do you have antivirus / popup blocker / firewall that's blocking
    JavaScript or the popups, iframes or other active content the script is
    trying to run.

    Me
    why?, Feb 13, 2009