    e-Mule. Get down to 13 on queue then suddenly bumped to 1264!! Every
    time I get near to downloading I get bumped way down the queue. What
    gives?
    GraB, May 5, 2005

  2. GraB

    CSE Guest

    On Fri, 06 May 2005 01:05:09 +1200, GraB <> wrote:

    >Trying to find a rare MP3, nothing on WinMX or Kazaa but two on
    >e-Mule. Get down to 13 on queue then suddenly bumped to 1264!! Every
    >time I get near to downloading I get bumped way down the queue. What
    >gives?

    Use the Donkey servers and getting files can take days..

    No good if you are on dialup..

    I think the current PC User (OZZ) has a Article on tuning eMule.
    CSE, May 5, 2005

  3. GraB

    d Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > Trying to find a rare MP3, nothing on WinMX or Kazaa but two on
    > e-Mule. Get down to 13 on queue then suddenly bumped to 1264!! Every
    > time I get near to downloading I get bumped way down the queue. What
    > gives?

    It's P2P, just accept it. Sometimes it works well, sometimes it
    doesn't.

    D.
    d, May 5, 2005
  4. GraB

    Krazy Bob Guest

    "GraB" <> wrote in message
    > Trying to find a rare MP3, nothing on WinMX or Kazaa but two on
    > e-Mule. Get down to 13 on queue then suddenly bumped to 1264!! Every
    > time I get near to downloading I get bumped way down the queue. What
    > gives?

    Do you have low id or high id?
    User with low id, who can not / do not allow open wan ports for emule will
    get a low id.
    and effectively get shunted down the list if someone with a higher id than
    you wants it.
    i used to have low id because i didn't port forward any of the outgoing and
    incomming ports it said on its website, soon as i port forward as many as i
    could, i became high id.
    Krazy Bob, May 5, 2005
  5. GraB

    GraB Guest

    On Fri, 6 May 2005 10:41:16 +1200, "Krazy Bob" <@.com> wrote:

    >"GraB" <> wrote in message
    >> Trying to find a rare MP3, nothing on WinMX or Kazaa but two on
    >> e-Mule. Get down to 13 on queue then suddenly bumped to 1264!! Every
    >> time I get near to downloading I get bumped way down the queue. What
    >> gives?

    >Do you have low id or high id?
    >User with low id, who can not / do not allow open wan ports for emule will
    >get a low id.
    >and effectively get shunted down the list if someone with a higher id than
    >you wants it.
    >i used to have low id because i didn't port forward any of the outgoing and
    >incomming ports it said on its website, soon as i port forward as many as i
    >could, i became high id.

    Dunno. Just a standard setup. Just installed it last week but I seem
    to remember seeing a value of 100 (not running at the moment).
    GraB, May 6, 2005