eMule refuses to open

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Murgi, Dec 20, 2004.

  1. Murgi

    Murgi Guest

    I am trying to install eMule (ver. 0.44d) on a new system. When trying to
    download from the eMule site (and other sites) it won't do anything... even
    if I click on a provided link 10 seconds later. On another computer I had
    no problem.

    Finally I tried copying the working software from the other computer, clicking
    on the program icon won't open the program!
    Downloading and running other software programs cause no problems, however.

    Are there known problems with other programs (Ad-Aware, Spybot, etc.)?

    Thanks,
    Murgi

    Murgi, Dec 20, 2004

  2. Murgi

    Kenny Guest

    Check your firewall settings.

    --

    Kenny

    "Murgi" <rp0000000013@127.0.0.1:7501> wrote in message

    > I am trying to install eMule (ver. 0.44d) on a new system. When trying to
    > download from the eMule site (and other sites) it won't do anything...

    even
    > if I click on a provided link 10 seconds later. On another computer I had
    > no problem.
    >
    > Finally I tried copying the working software from the other computer,

    clicking
    > on the program icon won't open the program!
    > Downloading and running other software programs cause no problems,

    however.

    > Are there known problems with other programs (Ad-Aware, Spybot, etc.)?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Murgi

    News==----

    Newsgroups