    of Controller chip fitted and matched the driver to that, after removing all the other drivers..

    Some of the drivers to have a remove option.
    , Feb 5, 2008

  2. On Tue, 05 Feb 2008 13:17:32 +1300, wrote:

    >These are Sold by Harvey Norman.
    >
    >They list 3 win98 Divers for them, due to different controller chips being fitted.
    >
    >The 2Gig models that I have is a C150B, here is the Web site for it, it might be the same for a
    >1Gig model.
    >
    >http://www.emtec-international.com/en/driver.php?categorie=STMOB&gamme=CLES USB&ss_gamme=C150B
    >

    >I had a lot of trouble installing the correct driver, found out that you have to remove each driver
    >before you try the next one, but in the end I looked into the Transparent case and noticed the Type
    >of Controller chip fitted and matched the driver to that, after removing all the other drivers..
    >
    >Some of the drivers to have a remove option.

    Do the generic Win98SE USB Mass Storage Drivers work?

    http://www.technical-assistance.co.uk/kb/usbmsd98.php
    Jason Clinton, Feb 5, 2008

  3. Guest

    On Tue, 05 Feb 2008 19:07:47 +1300, Jason Clinton <> wrote:

    >On Tue, 05 Feb 2008 13:17:32 +1300, wrote:
    >

    >>These are Sold by Harvey Norman.
    >>
    >>They list 3 win98 Divers for them, due to different controller chips being fitted.
    >>
    >>The 2Gig models that I have is a C150B, here is the Web site for it, it might be the same for a
    >>1Gig model.
    >>
    >>http://www.emtec-international.com/en/driver.php?categorie=STMOB&gamme=CLES USB&ss_gamme=C150B
    >>

    >>I had a lot of trouble installing the correct driver, found out that you have to remove each driver
    >>before you try the next one, but in the end I looked into the Transparent case and noticed the Type
    >>of Controller chip fitted and matched the driver to that, after removing all the other drivers..
    >>
    >>Some of the drivers to have a remove option.

    >Do the generic Win98SE USB Mass Storage Drivers work?
    >
    >http://www.technical-assistance.co.uk/kb/usbmsd98.php

    I did not try it as its for some one else's PC even though I run a Dual boot PC and did my tests on
    that..
    , Feb 5, 2008
  4. Guest

    On Tue, 05 Feb 2008 19:07:47 +1300, Jason Clinton <> wrote:

    >On Tue, 05 Feb 2008 13:17:32 +1300, wrote:
    >

    >>These are Sold by Harvey Norman.
    >>
    >>They list 3 win98 Divers for them, due to different controller chips being fitted.
    >>
    >>The 2Gig models that I have is a C150B, here is the Web site for it, it might be the same for a
    >>1Gig model.
    >>
    >>http://www.emtec-international.com/en/driver.php?categorie=STMOB&gamme=CLES USB&ss_gamme=C150B
    >>

    >>I had a lot of trouble installing the correct driver, found out that you have to remove each driver
    >>before you try the next one, but in the end I looked into the Transparent case and noticed the Type
    >>of Controller chip fitted and matched the driver to that, after removing all the other drivers..
    >>
    >>Some of the drivers to have a remove option.

    >Do the generic Win98SE USB Mass Storage Drivers work?
    >
    >http://www.technical-assistance.co.uk/kb/usbmsd98.php

    Just had a Look at that Link, very Bad support no Uninstall and it asked for me to Remove ALL my USB
    2.0 Drivers.

    It does not give and help when using USB 1/1 Ports and what driver should I use, V.2.x or V3.x

    I would only use it if I could not get any other drivers and it was for My PC..

    If generic drives should work, how come Imation makes a stack of drivers for there different Sticks
    and state that drivers for this stick will not work for others..
    , Feb 5, 2008
  5. Richard Guest

    wrote:

    > I would only use it if I could not get any other drivers and it was for My PC..
    >
    > If generic drives should work, how come Imation makes a stack of drivers for there different Sticks
    > and state that drivers for this stick will not work for others..

    Licensing perhaps? Using some random USB driver that is someone elses
    property isnt something that a company can encourage people to do.
    Richard, Feb 5, 2008
  6. Guest

    On Tue, 05 Feb 2008 22:35:02 +1300, Richard <> wrote:

    > wrote:
    >
    >> I would only use it if I could not get any other drivers and it was for My PC..
    >>
    >> If generic drives should work, how come Imation makes a stack of drivers for there different Sticks
    >> and state that drivers for this stick will not work for others..

    >Licensing perhaps? Using some random USB driver that is someone elses
    >property isnt something that a company can encourage people to do.

    I was referring to there brand of Sticks, like the Driver for Stick 1 will not work on Stick Type 2
    etc..
    , Feb 6, 2008
  7. On Tue, 05 Feb 2008 21:09:15 +1300, wrote:

    >Just had a Look at that Link, very Bad support no Uninstall and it asked for me to Remove ALL my USB
    >2.0 Drivers.
    >
    >It does not give and help when using USB 1/1 Ports and what driver should I use, V.2.x or V3.x
    >

    >I would only use it if I could not get any other drivers and it was for My PC..
    >
    >If generic drives should work, how come Imation makes a stack of drivers for there different Sticks
    >and state that drivers for this stick will not work for others..

    It worked for me without any problems - it doesn't worry me if you
    don't want to use it.

    Do a search for Win98SE generic usb mass storage driver and you'll see
    a few results
    Jason Clinton, Feb 7, 2008
  8. Re: EMTEC USB Sticks

    In article <>,
    did write:

    > Just had a Look at that Link, very Bad support no Uninstall and it asked
    > for me to Remove ALL my USB 2.0 Drivers.

    Do you get the feeling God is trying to tell you to give up on Dimdows 98?
    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Feb 12, 2008