    can't help but think that there is a connection here and I need some of that
    stuff that was in my Inbox. Any suggestions?

    Thanks

    honest joe, Jun 5, 2005

  2. honest joe

    MrGrumpy Guest

    Perhaps run the inbox repair tool, scanpst.
    Assuming you use OL not OE

    "honest joe" <> wrote in message
    > Can anyone explain why my Inbox appears to have emptied itself? I booted

    up
    > this morning and everything was gone! Before I shut down last night, all

    my

    MrGrumpy, Jun 5, 2005

  3. honest joe

    honest joe Guest

    "MrGrumpy" <> wrote in message
    > Perhaps run the inbox repair tool, scanpst.
    > Assuming you use OL not OE

    No, I use OE (I should ahve mentioned that in my original post). Do you
    think they are lost then?

    honest joe, Jun 5, 2005
  4. honest joe

    Guest

    On "honest joe" <> wrote:

    |>"MrGrumpy" <> wrote in message
    |>> Perhaps run the inbox repair tool, scanpst.
    |>> Assuming you use OL not OE
    |>

    |>No, I use OE (I should ahve mentioned that in my original post). Do you
    |>think they are lost then?

    In a way, if it was compacting them when it froze it's most likely
    still in your temp directory, as a temp file.

    You can use a text editor to find which file it might be, if your
    lucky you could rename it to a file OE extension uses in the out box
    and see if sees it.

    Another route:

    Trying to find what extension OE uses, I found this
    http://filext.com/detaillist.php?extdetail=BOE which says if you find
    the file in the temp dir, rename it to a .zip file and unzip it; it
    might work.

    --

    , Jun 5, 2005