    Can I safely delete them, please?

    Raine.

    I just do what the little voices tell me to do!!

    Raine, Sep 5, 2003

  2. "Raine" <> wrote in message
    news:VQ16b.2980$...
    > Hi all,
    > Windows XP Home IE6.
    >
    > In my Documents and Settings folder for Administrator(me), Applications
    > Data, Identities, is a list of numbers. When I click them they tell me
    > the folders are empty.
    > Can I safely delete them, please?
    >
    > Raine.

    Can't answer your question, but it's more secure if you create a different
    account to log into your computer on, rather than using the Administrator
    account. The Admin account has access to *everything* on your computer and
    if someone/thing happens to gain access to that account, they/it can change
    pretty much anything they want to... Just an FYI...

    ~SF~

    Sentient Fluid, Sep 5, 2003

  3. Raine

    Liz Guest

    "Raine" wrote
    > Windows XP Home IE6.
    >
    > In my Documents and Settings folder for Administrator(me), Applications
    > Data, Identities, is a list of numbers. When I click them they tell me
    > the folders are empty.
    > Can I safely delete them, please?

    No. Read here on How to Maintain Your OE Store Folder
    http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com/files/maintain.htm

    How to clean up your Hard Drive
    http://www.windows-help.net/WindowsXP/howto-16.html

    By the way, you need to reboot your PC before proceeding
    with: Start> Search> Files and Folders> Search for *.tmp
    This will prevent you from deleting files that are in use.

    As for IE temp files, you can right-click the IE icon,
    go to properties, click Delete files, check Offline Content>
    OK.

    Liz, Sep 5, 2003
  4. Raine

    Raine Guest

    "Sentient Fluid" <> wrote in message
    > "Raine" <> wrote in message
    > > Hi all,
    > > Windows XP Home IE6.
    > >
    > > In my Documents and Settings folder for Administrator(me),

    Applications
    > > Data, Identities, is a list of numbers. When I click them they tell

    me
    > > the folders are empty.
    > > Can I safely delete them, please?
    > >
    > > Raine.

    > Can't answer your question, but it's more secure if you create a

    different
    > account to log into your computer on, rather than using the

    Administrator
    > account. The Admin account has access to *everything* on your

    computer and
    > if someone/thing happens to gain access to that account, they/it can

    change
    > pretty much anything they want to... Just an FYI...
    >
    > ~SF~

    Hi SF,

    Now you have got me curious, how do I create a different account?
    I'm the main user, I log on under Main Identity. Please explain further,
    I need further details.
    Take the *bright* out of my email address if you want to email me.
    Thanks.
    Raine.

    Raine, Sep 5, 2003
  5. "Raine" <> wrote in message

    > "Sentient Fluid" <> wrote in message
    > > "Raine" <> wrote in message
    > > > Hi all,
    > > > Windows XP Home IE6.
    > > >
    > > > In my Documents and Settings folder for Administrator(me),

    > Applications
    > > > Data, Identities, is a list of numbers. When I click them they tell

    > me
    > > > the folders are empty.
    > > > Can I safely delete them, please?
    > > >
    > > > Raine.

    > > Can't answer your question, but it's more secure if you create a

    > different
    > > account to log into your computer on, rather than using the

    > Administrator
    > > account. The Admin account has access to *everything* on your

    > computer and
    > > if someone/thing happens to gain access to that account, they/it can

    > change
    > > pretty much anything they want to... Just an FYI...
    > >
    > > ~SF~

    > Hi SF,
    >
    > Now you have got me curious, how do I create a different account?

    You said "In my Documents and Settings folder for Administrator(me)..."
    which indicates that you are using the Administrator account that was
    created when you installed Windows. To create a new User Account, just go
    to Start>Control Panel> User Accounts. It is pretty much self-explanatory
    from that point on :)

    http://tinyurl.com/mepi for more info.

    > I'm the main user, I log on under Main Identity. Please explain further,
    > I need further details.

    Are you talking about OE here? Just go to File>Manage Identities>Add New
    Identity.

    http://tinyurl.com/mepr for more info.

    Hope that helps you out some, Raine :)

    Sentient Fluid, Sep 6, 2003
  6. Raine

    > "Raine" <> wrote in message
    > >
    > > "Sentient Fluid" <> wrote in message
    > > > "Raine" <> wrote in message

    > > Applications

    tell
    > > me

    > > > Can't answer your question, but it's more secure if you create a

    > > different
    > > > account to log into your computer on, rather than using the

    > > Administrator
    > > > account. The Admin account has access to *everything* on your

    > > computer and
    > > > if someone/thing happens to gain access to that account, they/it

    can
    > > change
    > > > pretty much anything they want to... Just an FYI...
    > > >
    > > > ~SF~

    > > Hi SF,
    > >
    > > Now you have got me curious, how do I create a different account?

    > You said "In my Documents and Settings folder for

    Administrator(me)..."
    > which indicates that you are using the Administrator account that was
    > created when you installed Windows. To create a new User Account,

    just go
    > to Start>Control Panel> User Accounts. It is pretty much

    self-explanatory
    > from that point on :)
    >
    > http://tinyurl.com/mepi for more info.
    >
    > > I'm the main user, I log on under Main Identity. Please explain

    further,
    > > I need further details.

    > Are you talking about OE here? Just go to File>Manage Identities>Add

    New
    > Identity.
    >
    > http://tinyurl.com/mepr for more info.
    >
    > Hope that helps you out some, Raine :)

    Actually, no I wasn't. I have 4 email addresses in OE6.
    Wires got crossed someplace.

    Raine.

    Raine, Sep 6, 2003
  7. "Raine" <> wrote in message

    > "Sentient Fluid" <> wrote in message
    > > "Raine" <> wrote in message
    > > >
    > > > "Sentient Fluid" <> wrote in message

    > > > Applications

    > tell
    > > > me

    > > > different
    > > > Administrator
    > > > computer and

    > can
    > > > change

    > > > Hi SF,
    > > >
    > > > Now you have got me curious, how do I create a different account?

    > > You said "In my Documents and Settings folder for

    > Administrator(me)..."
    > > which indicates that you are using the Administrator account that was
    > > created when you installed Windows. To create a new User Account,

    > just go
    > > to Start>Control Panel> User Accounts. It is pretty much

    > self-explanatory
    > > from that point on :)
    > >
    > > http://tinyurl.com/mepi for more info.
    > >
    > > > I'm the main user, I log on under Main Identity. Please explain

    > further,
    > > > I need further details.

    > > Are you talking about OE here? Just go to File>Manage Identities>Add

    > New
    > > Identity.
    > >
    > > http://tinyurl.com/mepr for more info.
    > >
    > > Hope that helps you out some, Raine :)

    > Actually, no I wasn't. I have 4 email addresses in OE6.
    > Wires got crossed someplace.
    >
    > Raine.

    Okie.. no problem. :) I got confused by "Main Identity". It's the default
    identity for OE...

    And Identities don't necessarily have anything to do with email addresses.
    *shrug*

    Did anything I said hit the mark?? :D

    Sentient Fluid, Sep 6, 2003
  8. Raine

    > "Raine" <> wrote in message
    > >
    > > "Sentient Fluid" <> wrote in message
    > > > "Raine" <> wrote in message

    message

    they
    > > tell

    they/it
    > > can

    account?

    > > > You said "In my Documents and Settings folder for

    > > Administrator(me)..."
    > > > which indicates that you are using the Administrator account that

    was
    > > > created when you installed Windows. To create a new User

    Account,
    > > just go
    > > > to Start>Control Panel> User Accounts. It is pretty much

    > > self-explanatory
    > > > from that point on :)
    > > >
    > > > http://tinyurl.com/mepi for more info.

    > > further,
    > > >
    > > > Are you talking about OE here? Just go to File>Manage

    Identities>Add
    > > New
    > > > Identity.
    > > >
    > > > http://tinyurl.com/mepr for more info.
    > > >
    > > > Hope that helps you out some, Raine :)

    > > Actually, no I wasn't. I have 4 email addresses in OE6.
    > > Wires got crossed someplace.
    > >
    > > Raine.

    > Okie.. no problem. :) I got confused by "Main Identity". It's the

    default
    > identity for OE...
    >
    > And Identities don't necessarily have anything to do with email

    addresses.
    > *shrug*
    >
    > Did anything I said hit the mark?? :D

    Yes it did, ty.
    I am the main user of the computer, the Account is in my brother's name.
    He gave the computer to me after my accident, mainly to keep me occupied
    during the day.
    Bit complicated, hehehe. And if you want more then you'll just have to
    email me for the details.
    Raine.

    Raine, Sep 6, 2003