    applicant must show they will be employable upon
    completion.

    Thanks Mari

    Mari, May 12, 2004

  2. Mari

    Gameboy Guest

    Hi, Mari.

    MCDST is an entry-level certification. Desktop Service
    Technician is an entry-level position. In their spare
    time, DSTs study to become MCSA certified and look for
    opportunities to move up in their own company. They move
    from the Help Desk to the Desktop to Operations. Once
    they become administrators, they use their spare time to
    become MCSE certified.

    In the US, and espicially in the Silicon Valley, many over-
    qualified people like myself are working in Help Desk and
    Desktop positions. There are not many jobs for newly
    certified MCDSTs with little or no experience, because
    better qualified people are taking the jobs.

    This doesn't apply to all jobs everywhere. And,
    realistically, you need to find only one job at a company
    in which you can see a career path.

    Large companies have some online and tele-commuting jobs.

    Gameboy, May 12, 2004

  3. Mari

    Tom Guest

    you...I am wondering the same thing.
    I have an A+ certification AND I have worked with
    computers (mostly PCs) for over twenty years AND I find
    that the job prospects are very limited.
    Now...I do live in a medium size town in the mid-west but
    still...given the state of our economy coupled with the
    recession in the IT job market...any IT training geared to
    a particular goal of job achievement in the IT world is a
    gamble AT BEST.
    I don't mean to discourage you but just realize that the
    nineties are gone forever. Couple that certification
    training with some accounting and/or business marketing
    skills.

    Tom, May 14, 2004