  1. Queenie

    Queenie Guest

    Does anyone know what an 'eml' file is and what program will open it? Help will be much appreciated.
    Queenie, Jan 1, 2011

  2. Queenie

    Bert Hyman Guest

    In news:4d1f7efa$0$20160$ "Queenie"
    <> wrote:

    ><META content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1"
    > http-equiv=Content-Type>
    ><META name=GENERATOR content="MSHTML 8.00.6001.18999">
    ><STYLE></STYLE>
    ></HEAD>
    ><BODY bgColor=#ffffff>
    ><DIV><FONT color=#000080 size=

    What?

    --
    Bert Hyman St. Paul, MN
    Bert Hyman, Jan 1, 2011

  3. Queenie

    Mike Easter Guest

    Queenie wrote:

    > Does anyone know what an 'eml' file is and what program will open it?
    > Help will be much appreciated.

    In MS's world, an .eml file is a plaintext file of an email which should
    open with with your OE. It will also open with Notepad.

    If your file associations are messed up and an .eml file doesn't open
    with OE, then you should R click it and use the Open with function to
    select Outlook Express and also check always use this application to
    open this file type.

    You should also not post messages to newsgroups in html with your OE,
    but instead you should use plaintext.

    That is configured in OE/ Tools/ Options/ Send tab/ News Sending Format/
    check Plain Text instead of HTML.

    If you receive an .eml attachment in an email, you should be able to
    open it using your OE by double clicking it.

    --
    Mike Easter
    Mike Easter, Jan 1, 2011
  4. Queenie

    Patrick Guest

    "Queenie" <> wrote in message
    Does anyone know what an 'eml' file is and what program will open it? Help
    will be much appreciated.

    An *.eml is an email message, produced/read as far as I know by 'Outlook
    Express' etc. It is produced from said OE if you 'Save' an email (or
    newsgroup) message.
    Patrick, Jan 1, 2011
  5. Queenie

    Mike Easter Guest

    Patrick wrote:

    > An *.eml is an email message, produced/read as far as I know by 'Outlook
    > Express' etc. It is produced from said OE if you 'Save' an email (or
    > newsgroup) message.

    OE saves email as .eml and it saves news messages as .nws.

    Tbird saves both email and news messages as .eml.

    --
    Mike Easter
    Mike Easter, Jan 1, 2011
  6. Queenie

    Queenie Guest

    thank you so much.

    Queenie, Jan 1, 2011
  7. Queenie

    Patrick Guest

    Mike Easter wrote:
    > Patrick wrote:
    >
    >> An *.eml is an email message, produced/read as far as I know by
    >> 'Outlook Express' etc. It is produced from said OE if you 'Save' an
    >> email (or newsgroup) message.

    > OE saves email as .eml and it saves news messages as .nws.

    Quite so; my mistake, thanks Mike for your salvation and my apologies to OP

    Patrick, Jan 1, 2011
  8. Queenie

    richard Guest

    On Sat, 1 Jan 2011 14:22:53 -0500, Queenie wrote:

    > Does anyone know what an 'eml' file is and what program will open it? Help will be much appreciated.

    When posting messages to usenet, please set your OE to post in plain text
    only.
    Many news client do not how to handle "RTF" or HTML messages.

    http://www.howtoanswer.com/answers/computers/how-to-open-eml-files/

    For a lesson on how to associate eml files with OE, use the method
    described at this site.
    richard, Jan 1, 2011
  9. Queenie

    Mike Easter Guest

    Queenie wrote:
    > thank you so much.

    YW yourewelcome, but...

    ....you still have duties to use your OE to post to usenet newsgroups
    with proper netiquette.

    -1- you are 'top posting' your reply. That does not work for having a
    conversation, for which you need to trim and post in context in a
    conversational style illustrated here
    http://www.anta.net/misc/nnq/nquote.shtml Q7: Why shouldn't I put my
    comments above the quoted material?

    -2- you are still posting in HTML instead of plaintext. That is not
    satisfactory in almost all newsgroups
    http://www.anta.net/misc/nnq/nhtml.shtml HTML-formatted postings are not
    welcome in newsgroups.

    Your mailnews agent puts your cursor at the top of your reply message
    for two reasons.

    -1- MS caters to a corporate world in which textover fullquote under top
    posting is a requirement for some corporate email, but usenet
    newsmessage posting is *not* corporate email and

    -2- the cursor at the top of the reply message is the place to begin
    doing all of the trimming which you are supposed to do before you start
    typing.

    --
    Mike Easter
    Mike Easter, Jan 1, 2011
  10. Queenie

    MyNews Guest

    eBook Markup Language, a markup language for dynamic eBooks
    Election Markup Language, a standard for structured interchange of election
    data
    Emiliano-Romagnolo, a language that has ISO code EML
    Emotion Markup Language, a general purpose language
    E-mail, and the file name extension .eml

    Extended ML, a specification language
    Extensible ML, a programming language

    --
    http://mynews.ath.cx
    MyNews, Jan 1, 2011
  11. Queenie

    MyNews Guest

    Then get Windows Live Mail for your NewsReader
    to Read your NewsGuy - Unlimited Usenet $19.95

    < http://www.easynews.com/?a_aid=102156&a_bid=64653d3e >

    --
    http://mynews.ath.cx
    MyNews, Jan 1, 2011