Emergency Help Needed Win2K

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Phil, Jul 27, 2003.

  1. Phil

    Phil Guest

    "Mohawk Brewing" <> wrote in
    news::

    > I hope someone can help me before my wife gets home, she brought her
    > office pc for me to move some files over to the home hard drive.
    > I checked the work group and added the local work group, now it will
    > not let me log on to Win2k Professional.. I put in her name and
    > password but it says the domain can not verify... CAN SomeOne help me
    > please!!!!!!!!!!

    Did you remove the PC from the work domain? If so, you will need to either
    log on as adminstrator (good luck with the password), or have your wife's
    network admin add it back to the domain when she gets back to work.

    --
    Phil M.
    MCSE NT/2000

    Mohawk Brewing, Jul 27, 2003

  3. Phil

    Me-GT Guest

    Simply make love to her as soon as she gets in, make it last...

    Me-GT, Jul 27, 2003
  4. When I defined the workgroup, it un highlighted the domain and I added my
    home workgroup.
    I read somewhere that since it was not plugged into the office domain, the
    temp security got bombed..

    Mohawk Brewing, Jul 27, 2003
  5. Phil

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Sun, 27 Jul 2003 16:02:27 -0500, Mohawk Brewing wrote:

    > I hope someone can help me before my wife gets home, she brought her office
    > pc for me to move some files over to the home hard drive.
    > I checked the work group and added the local work group, now it will not let
    > me log on to Win2k Professional.. I put in her name and password but it says
    > the domain can not verify... CAN SomeOne help me please!!!!!!!!!!

    You need to select the advanced button on the login agent and choose the
    local machine, not the domain.

    Meat Plow, Jul 28, 2003
  6. Ok so now she has it working.. thanks to her admin at work...
    To now do it right to use at both places, what is the correct process?

    When we do the "three finger salute" to logon on, all it ask for is her name
    and password.. even if options are selected
    it will show "Log on using dial up" That is the total choice folks!

    TIA

    Mohawk Brewing, Jul 29, 2003
  7. Phil

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Mohawk Brewing said:

    > Ok so now she has it working.. thanks to her admin at work...
    > To now do it right to use at both places, what is the correct process?
    >
    > When we do the "three finger salute" to logon on, all it ask for is her name
    > and password.. even if options are selected
    > it will show "Log on using dial up" That is the total choice folks!
    >
    > TIA

    If your wife has her employers permission to do this, surely her employer can
    explain how to go about it?

    Brian H¹©, Jul 29, 2003