embedding Java into HTML in JSP

Discussion in 'General Computer Support' started by DebbieinFlorida, Sep 18, 2008.

  1. DebbieinFlorida

    DebbieinFlorida

    Joined:
    Sep 16, 2008
    Messages:
    1
    I am a pathetic newbie, learning thru forums. I need to be able to call my VB.exe, which is on "C:\Test.exe" from my .jsp file. I have been trying for couple of days, going thru all the help, but nothing so far. I know almost nothign about java or jsp or html, I just want to run my vb program.

    ANy help is appreciated.. this is my .jsp file so far..

    <%@ page session="true" %>
    <%@page import="java.text.*, java.util.*" %>

    <%!
    private string RunExec(int count) {

    Runtime rt = Runtime.getRuntime();
    Process proc = rt.exec("Test.exe");
    return "2"; // I don't need to return anything, but example did
    }
    %>

    <script type="text/javascript">
    alert("Start");