    document? I'm sending out some files to modem users and I want to minimise
    the file size as much as possible.

    TIA

    Bob C, Apr 22, 2005

  2. Bob C wrote:
    > Which is the most size-efficient image file format to embed into a Word
    > (rtf)
    > document? I'm sending out some files to modem users and I want to minimise
    > the file size as much as possible.

    ..jpg - Keep it simple.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Apr 22, 2005

  3. Bob C

    Dave Lear Guest

    "Bob C" wrote in message

    > Which is the most size-efficient image file format to embed into a
    > Word (rtf) document? I'm sending out some files to modem users
    > and I want to minimise the file size as much as possible.

    If you have to use Word then insert the pictures as .JPGs

    However, my advice would be against using Word to distribute the files in
    the first place. For instance, not everyone has Microsoft Word installed
    which means that unless they download the Microsoft Word 2003 viewer they
    won't be able to view it. The Word 2003 Viewer is around 12MBytes which
    isn't modem-friendly.
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=95e24c87-8732-48d5-8689-ab826e7b8fdf

    If you have the option, distribute the files as Adobe Acrobat .PDF files.
    Although the Adobe Acrobat Reader installation is around 27MBytes (again,
    not very modem-friendly) this has the advantage of being available on just
    about every single cover CD / cover DVD on PC magazines so almost all net
    users have it installed.

    Also, .PDFs tend to be smaller than .DOCs and are cross-platform.

    Dave Lear, Apr 22, 2005