EMBEDDED SOUND LIKE IE?

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by Leonidas Jones, Jan 18, 2005.

  1. JW wrote:
    > To any knowledgeable reader,
    >
    > I just downloaded Firefox 1.0 because certain techies raved
    > about how good it is blocking viruses, popups and spyware. Firefox
    > looks like a good alternative to IE, but it does not play sound
    > EMBEDDED like IE does.
    >
    > IOW, if you go to a site where running the mouse over a link
    > makes a sound simultaneously, or clicking the link which plays another
    > sound, or just hearing background music, IE will execute the
    > AUDIO-VISUAL aspects of such a site...SEAMLESSLY and EMBEDDED. It
    > appears that the whole experience is just part of the Browser
    > operation. Is such behaviour possible with Firefox?
    >
    > JW
    >

    > "FAILURE IS NOT AN OPTION is certainly true for
    > Israel in its conflict with the Arabs. Now Microsoft
    > has adopted the slogan as follows: FALURE IS NOT AN
    > OPTION. IT COMES BUNDLED WITH THE SOFTWARE!"

    Cite specific sites that cause this problem, with an explanation of the
    expected behavior on mouse movements, and the resultant behavior. In
    other words, we need to test it ourselves and look at how the specific
    site is coded, before we can make an informed response.

    Lee

    JW, Jan 18, 2005

  3. Leonidas Jones

    Ralph Fox Guest

    On Mon, 17 Jan 2005 22:36:03 -0800, in message
    <>, JW wrote:

    > To any knowledgeable reader,
    >
    > I just downloaded Firefox 1.0 because certain techies raved
    > about how good it is blocking viruses, popups and spyware. Firefox
    > looks like a good alternative to IE, but it does not play sound
    > EMBEDDED like IE does.
    >
    > IOW, if you go to a site where running the mouse over a link
    > makes a sound simultaneously, or clicking the link which plays another
    > sound, or just hearing background music, IE will execute the
    > AUDIO-VISUAL aspects of such a site...SEAMLESSLY and EMBEDDED. It
    > appears that the whole experience is just part of the Browser
    > operation. Is such behaviour possible with Firefox?

    First thing: You need a plug-in to play sounds.

    Enter

    about:plugins

    into the URL bar to see which plug-ins are installed in Firefox.

    1. If FFx doesn't have a plug-in for MIDI, MP3 audio, AU, and WAV,
    then you might need to install one.

    Check out these URLs

    (a) plug-ins installed in FFx about:plugins
    (b) Popular plug-ins http://channels.netscape.com/ns/browsers/plugins.jsp --
    (c) Search for plug-ins: http://channels.netscape.com/ns/browsers/pi_search_pi.jsp
    (d) Help for installing plug-ins http://plugindoc.mozdev.org/

    2. If you already have QuickTime installed on your computer but it
    doesn't show in FFx's about:plugins page, then copy all the
    np*.dll files from "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\Plugins" to
    "C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\plugins" .

    --
    Cheers,
    Ralph

    somewhere else." -- Sam Walton
    Ralph Fox, Jan 18, 2005
  4. JW wrote:
    > On Tue, 18 Jan 2005 04:12:12 GMT, Leonidas Jones <>
    > wrote:
    >

    >>Cite specific sites that cause this problem, with an explanation of the
    >>expected behavior on mouse movements, and the resultant behavior. In
    >>other words, we need to test it ourselves and look at how the specific
    >>site is coded, before we can make an informed response.
    >>
    >>Lee

    > The only site I know of at this point, is
    > www.tiferetorganic.com. I'm still looking for others.
    > The problem is with HTML sites using audio on MouseOvers,
    > MouseClicks and background music. IE plays the entire site WITHOUT
    > introducing anything EXTRANEOUS. Firefox complains about a missing
    > plugin. Is it possible to tweak Firefox to display such sites like IE?
    >
    > JW
    > "FAILURE IS NOT AN OPTION is certainly true for
    > Israel in its conflict with the Arabs. Now Microsoft
    > has adopted the slogan as follows: FALURE IS NOT AN
    > OPTION. IT COMES BUNDLED WITH THE SOFTWARE!"

    http://www.tiferetorganic.com/index.htm

    I went here and found no prompt for a plugin. I clicked all the
    buttons, everythig seemed to work fine in FF on XP. However, I'm not
    hearing any sounds on the page.

    I'm sorry to be a nudge, but can you be very specific about what you
    hafe done that brings up the plugin dialog? Or does it appear as soon
    as you have opened the page?

    Lee
    Leonidas Jones, Jan 19, 2005
  5. Leonidas Jones

    Moz Champion Guest

    Leonidas Jones wrote:

    > JW wrote:
    >
    >> On Tue, 18 Jan 2005 04:12:12 GMT, Leonidas Jones <>
    >> wrote:
    >>

    >>> Cite specific sites that cause this problem, with an explanation of
    >>> the expected behavior on mouse movements, and the resultant
    >>> behavior. In other words, we need to test it ourselves and look at
    >>> how the specific site is coded, before we can make an informed response.
    >>>
    >>> Lee

    >> The only site I know of at this point, is
    >> www.tiferetorganic.com. I'm still looking for others.
    >> The problem is with HTML sites using audio on MouseOvers,
    >> MouseClicks and background music. IE plays the entire site WITHOUT
    >> introducing anything EXTRANEOUS. Firefox complains about a missing
    >> plugin. Is it possible to tweak Firefox to display such sites like IE?
    >>
    >> JW
    >> "FAILURE IS NOT AN OPTION is certainly true for Israel in its conflict
    >> with the Arabs. Now Microsoft
    >> has adopted the slogan as follows: FALURE IS NOT AN OPTION. IT COMES
    >> BUNDLED WITH THE SOFTWARE!"

    > http://www.tiferetorganic.com/index.htm
    >
    > I went here and found no prompt for a plugin. I clicked all the
    > buttons, everythig seemed to work fine in FF on XP. However, I'm not
    > hearing any sounds on the page.
    >
    > I'm sorry to be a nudge, but can you be very specific about what you
    > hafe done that brings up the plugin dialog? Or does it appear as soon
    > as you have opened the page?
    >
    > Lee

    The page attempts to use a javascript using sndobj to 'play' a file. A
    method that may be compatable with IE but is not a web standard. The
    site should use proper standard encoding.

    --
    Mozilla Champion
    UFAQ - http://www.UFAQ.org
    Moz Champion, Jan 19, 2005
  6. Leonidas Jones

    Moz Champion Guest

    JW wrote:

    > On Tue, 18 Jan 2005 07:24:58 +0000, Ralph Fox
    > <-echo.invalid> wrote:
    >

    >>First thing: You need a plug-in to play sounds.
    >>
    >>Enter
    >>
    >> about:plugins
    >>
    >>into the URL bar to see which plug-ins are installed in Firefox.

    > I have a whole bunch of plugins: from Java, to Quicktime, to
    > MS Media Player.... All are enabled except Mozilla Default Plug-in
    >

    >>1. If FFx doesn't have a plug-in for MIDI, MP3 audio, AU, and WAV,
    >> then you might need to install one.

    > Hmmm... From the descriptions listed for QuickTime and MS
    > Media Player, I don't see the types you listed.
    >

    >> Check out these URLs
    >>
    >> (a) plug-ins installed in FFx about:plugins
    >> (b) Popular plug-ins http://channels.netscape.com/ns/browsers/plugins.jsp --
    >> (c) Search for plug-ins: http://channels.netscape.com/ns/browsers/pi_search_pi.jsp
    >> (d) Help for installing plug-ins http://plugindoc.mozdev.org/

    > I shall. Thank you.
    >
    >>2. If you already have QuickTime installed on your computer but it
    >> doesn't show in FFx's about:plugins page, then copy all the
    >> np*.dll files from "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\Plugins" to
    >> "C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\plugins" .

    > No need. Firefox is full of QickTime plugins, eventhough when
    > the browser is pointed to www.tiferetorganic.com, it complains that it
    > can't find Apple Quicktime 6.5.1
    >
    > JW
    >

    > "FAILURE IS NOT AN OPTION is certainly true for
    > Israel in its conflict with the Arabs. Now Microsoft
    > has adopted the slogan as follows: FALURE IS NOT AN
    > OPTION. IT COMES BUNDLED WITH THE SOFTWARE!"

    because the page attempts to use a non standard method of calliing a
    file. It doesnt use the standard object mode, nor even the old
    (Netscape) embed routine, or even the old (IE) bgnsnd routine, but
    instead uses a non standard sndobj (Sound Object ?) javascript.

    And most likely it doesnt provide the proper mime type for the file.

    --
    Mozilla Champion
    UFAQ - http://www.UFAQ.org
    Moz Champion, Jan 19, 2005
  7. Moz Champion wrote:
    > Leonidas Jones wrote:
    >
    >> JW wrote:

    >>> The only site I know of at this point, is
    >>> www.tiferetorganic.com. I'm still looking for others.
    >>> The problem is with HTML sites using audio on MouseOvers,
    >>> MouseClicks and background music. IE plays the entire site WITHOUT
    >>> introducing anything EXTRANEOUS. Firefox complains about a missing
    >>> plugin. Is it possible to tweak Firefox to display such sites like IE?
    >>>
    >>> JW
    >>> "FAILURE IS NOT AN OPTION is certainly true for Israel in its
    >>> conflict with the Arabs. Now Microsoft
    >>> has adopted the slogan as follows: FALURE IS NOT AN OPTION. IT COMES
    >>> BUNDLED WITH THE SOFTWARE!"

    >> http://www.tiferetorganic.com/index.htm
    >>
    >> I went here and found no prompt for a plugin. I clicked all the
    >> buttons, everythig seemed to work fine in FF on XP. However, I'm not
    >> hearing any sounds on the page.
    >>
    >> I'm sorry to be a nudge, but can you be very specific about what you
    >> hafe done that brings up the plugin dialog? Or does it appear as soon
    >> as you have opened the page?
    >>
    >> Lee

    > The page attempts to use a javascript using sndobj to 'play' a file. A
    > method that may be compatable with IE but is not a web standard. The
    > site should use proper standard encoding.

    Hey Dan,

    Yeah, I looked at the source and saw the js you mention. What I wonder,
    is why the OP gets an install plugin dialog, whereas my FF just ignores
    the non standard javascript?

    Lee
    Leonidas Jones, Jan 19, 2005
  8. Leonidas Jones

    Moz Champion Guest

    Leonidas Jones wrote:

    > Moz Champion wrote:

    >>> http://www.tiferetorganic.com/index.htm
    >>>
    >>> I went here and found no prompt for a plugin. I clicked all the
    >>> buttons, everythig seemed to work fine in FF on XP. However, I'm not
    >>> hearing any sounds on the page.
    >>>
    >>> I'm sorry to be a nudge, but can you be very specific about what you
    >>> hafe done that brings up the plugin dialog? Or does it appear as
    >>> soon as you have opened the page?
    >>>
    >>> Lee

    >> The page attempts to use a javascript using sndobj to 'play' a file. A
    >> method that may be compatable with IE but is not a web standard. The
    >> site should use proper standard encoding.
    >>

    > Hey Dan,
    >
    > Yeah, I looked at the source and saw the js you mention. What I wonder,
    > is why the OP gets an install plugin dialog, whereas my FF just ignores
    > the non standard javascript?
    >
    > Lee

    From my read, the OP is mixing the two instances together. He states
    this site gives him problems, and then states that other sites using
    sound (like for mouseovers) give him the plug in prompt. Doesnt say he
    gets the plug in prompt on this site.

    --
    Mozilla Champion
    UFAQ - http://www.UFAQ.org
    Moz Champion, Jan 19, 2005
  9. Moz Champion wrote:
    > Leonidas Jones wrote:
    >
    >> Moz Champion wrote:

    >>> The page attempts to use a javascript using sndobj to 'play' a file.
    >>> A method that may be compatable with IE but is not a web standard.
    >>> The site should use proper standard encoding.
    >>>

    >> Hey Dan,
    >>
    >> Yeah, I looked at the source and saw the js you mention. What I
    >> wonder, is why the OP gets an install plugin dialog, whereas my FF
    >> just ignores the non standard javascript?
    >>
    >> Lee

    > From my read, the OP is mixing the two instances together. He states
    > this site gives him problems, and then states that other sites using
    > sound (like for mouseovers) give him the plug in prompt. Doesnt say he
    > gets the plug in prompt on this site.

    You're probably right, as usual!

    Lee
    Leonidas Jones, Jan 19, 2005
  10. Leonidas Jones

    JW Guest

    JW, Jan 19, 2005
  11. Leonidas Jones

    JW Guest

    JW, Jan 19, 2005
  12. Leonidas Jones

    Ralph Fox Guest

    On Tue, 18 Jan 2005 22:11:24 -0800, in message
    <>, JW wrote:

    > On Tue, 18 Jan 2005 07:24:58 +0000, Ralph Fox
    > <-echo.invalid> wrote:
    >
    > >First thing: You need a plug-in to play sounds.
    > >
    > >Enter
    > >
    > > about:plugins
    > >
    > >into the URL bar to see which plug-ins are installed in Firefox.

    > I have a whole bunch of plugins: from Java, to Quicktime, to
    > MS Media Player.... All are enabled except Mozilla Default Plug-in
    >
    > >1. If FFx doesn't have a plug-in for MIDI, MP3 audio, AU, and WAV,
    > > then you might need to install one.

    > Hmmm... From the descriptions listed for QuickTime and MS
    > Media Player, I don't see the types you listed.

    Curious. You should have seen a bunch of rows including these...

    | QuickTime Plug-in
    | File name: npqtplugin.dll
    |
    | MIME Type Description Suffixes Enabled
    | ----------- --------------- -------- -------
    | audio/x-wav WAVE audio file wav Yes
    | audio/wav WAVE audio file wav Yes
    |
    | QuickTime Plug-in
    | File name: npqtplugin2.dll
    |
    | MIME Type Description Suffixes Enabled
    | ----------- --------------- -------- -------
    | audio/basic uLaw/AU audio file au,snd,ulw Yes
    | audio/x-midi MIDI file mid,midi,smf,kar Yes
    | audio/midi MIDI file mid,midi,smf,kar Yes

    .... which are for WAV, AU and MIDI. If you don't see these listed,
    maybe a few of the npqtplugin*.dll files are missing.

    > >2. If you already have QuickTime installed on your computer but it
    > > doesn't show in FFx's about:plugins page, then copy all the
    > > np*.dll files from "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\Plugins" to
    > > "C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\plugins" .

    > No need. Firefox is full of QickTime plugins, eventhough when
    > the browser is pointed to www.tiferetorganic.com, it complains that it
    > can't find Apple Quicktime 6.5.1

    Curious. With Firefox, this page does not give any complaint about
    a missing plug-in. I still don't get any sound in Firefox.

    The problem with this particular site and Firefox is not a plug-in
    problem but a Javascript problem. If I open Firefox's Javascript Console
    ("Tools -> Javascript Console") I see a bunch of errors like this...

    | Error: document.CS1066760788350.play is not a function
    | Source File: http://www.tiferetorganic.com/
    | Line: 53

    The page checks the browser and runs different Javascript code for
    IE and for Netscape/Mozilla. If the page's Javascript code for
    Netscape/Mozilla doesn't work, that would affect Firefox but not IE.

    The page's Javascript is produced by Dreamweaver. Assuming you are
    the page's author, you might get help for this DreamWeaver "Behavior"
    in some DreamWeaver forums.

    FWIW here the page is not too user-friendly in IE nor in Netscape 4.

    IE

    • Here, opens a whole bunch of helper application windows to play
    WAV files. Each time the mouse goes over another link, another
    window opens. A really good method to chase people away.

    Netscape 4

    • The good news is that the mouseover sounds do play in Netscape 4.
    • The bad news is that when the mouse goes over a link, the
    page is completely replaced by a plug-in player page (courtesy of
    how the page's Javascript code works). I have to press the back
    button to see the page again. Not user-friendly.

    --
    Cheers,
    Ralph

    How To Ask Questions The Smart Way: http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html#before
    Ralph Fox, Jan 19, 2005
  13. Leonidas Jones

    JW Guest

    On Wed, 19 Jan 2005 04:31:39 GMT, Leonidas Jones <>
    wrote:

    >http://www.tiferetorganic.com/index.htm
    >
    >I went here and found no prompt for a plugin. I clicked all the
    >buttons, everythig seemed to work fine in FF on XP. However, I'm not
    >hearing any sounds on the page.

    Well, that's my point, Leonidas. If you don't get any MISSING
    PLUGINS message, then why is Firefox NOT playing the sounds?

    >I'm sorry to be a nudge, but can you be very specific about what you
    >hafe done that brings up the plugin dialog? Or does it appear as soon
    >as you have opened the page?
    >
    >Lee

    I didn't do anything to bring up the browser MISSING PLUGINS
    message. It just pops up as soon as the page loads. The site,
    otherwise works normally.

    JW, Jan 20, 2005
  14. Leonidas Jones

    JW Guest

    On Wed, 19 Jan 2005 05:16:06 GMT, Moz Champion
    <> wrote:

    >because the page attempts to use a non standard method of calliing a
    >file. It doesnt use the standard object mode, nor even the old
    >(Netscape) embed routine, or even the old (IE) bgnsnd routine, but
    >instead uses a non standard sndobj (Sound Object ?) javascript.
    >
    >And most likely it doesnt provide the proper mime type for the file.

    Actually Moz, I DID try to use <EMBED>, <BGSOUND> and even
    <OBJECT> tags, but without success. Any suggestions? As far as I know,
    the Javascript is not unusual either.

    JW, Jan 20, 2005
  15. Leonidas Jones

    JW Guest

    On Wed, 19 Jan 2005 06:12:33 +0000, Ralph Fox
    <-echo.invalid> wrote:

    >Curious. You should have seen a bunch of rows including these...
    >
    >| QuickTime Plug-in
    >| File name: npqtplugin.dll
    >|
    >| MIME Type Description Suffixes Enabled
    >| ----------- --------------- -------- -------
    >| audio/x-wav WAVE audio file wav Yes
    >| audio/wav WAVE audio file wav Yes
    >|
    >| QuickTime Plug-in
    >| File name: npqtplugin2.dll
    >|
    >| MIME Type Description Suffixes Enabled
    >| ----------- --------------- -------- -------
    >| audio/basic uLaw/AU audio file au,snd,ulw Yes
    >| audio/x-midi MIDI file mid,midi,smf,kar Yes
    >| audio/midi MIDI file mid,midi,smf,kar Yes
    >
    >... which are for WAV, AU and MIDI. If you don't see these listed,
    >maybe a few of the npqtplugin*.dll files are missing.

    What is even MORE curious, Ralph, is that AFTER I installed
    Quicktime 6.5.2, and its plugin became part of the Firefox plugin
    folder, the Quicktime entries in the Firefox list of plugins
    (about:plugins), which were there BEFORE my install,....DISAPPEARED!

    >Curious. With Firefox, this page does not give any complaint about
    >a missing plug-in. I still don't get any sound in Firefox.

    Apparently you have the required plugin for the sound files
    I'm talking about, but that still doesn't explain why Firefox remains
    MUTE when these sounds are supposedly activated.

    >The problem with this particular site and Firefox is not a plug-in
    >problem but a Javascript problem. If I open Firefox's Javascript Console
    >("Tools -> Javascript Console") I see a bunch of errors like this...
    >
    >| Error: document.CS1066760788350.play is not a function
    >| Source File: http://www.tiferetorganic.com/
    >| Line: 53
    >
    >The page checks the browser and runs different Javascript code for
    >IE and for Netscape/Mozilla. If the page's Javascript code for
    >Netscape/Mozilla doesn't work, that would affect Firefox but not IE.

    I may be mistaken that the Javascript is both standard and all
    inclusive for different browsers. I also tried different scripts to
    accomodate Netscape/Mozilla and IE. Any ideas here, Ralph?

    >The page's Javascript is produced by Dreamweaver. Assuming you are
    >the page's author, you might get help for this DreamWeaver "Behavior"
    >in some DreamWeaver forums.

    I am the author. And thanks for the tip. :)

    >FWIW here the page is not too user-friendly in IE nor in Netscape 4.
    >
    >IE
    >
    > • Here, opens a whole bunch of helper application windows to play
    > WAV files. Each time the mouse goes over another link, another
    > window opens. A really good method to chase people away.

    Well OBVIOUSLY, Ralph, I didn't design the site to be
    user-UNfriendly. I know what you mean about a separate window opening
    to play the sound. But, there was no way, so far, to avoid that.

    >Netscape 4
    >
    > • The good news is that the mouseover sounds do play in Netscape 4.
    > • The bad news is that when the mouse goes over a link, the
    > page is completely replaced by a plug-in player page (courtesy of
    > how the page's Javascript code works). I have to press the back
    > button to see the page again. Not user-friendly.

    Ditto, Ralph. Same problem; no solution, as of yet.

    JW, Jan 20, 2005
  16. Leonidas Jones

    Moz Champion Guest

    JW wrote:

    > On Wed, 19 Jan 2005 04:31:39 GMT, Leonidas Jones <>
    > wrote:
    >

    >>http://www.tiferetorganic.com/index.htm
    >>
    >>I went here and found no prompt for a plugin. I clicked all the
    >>buttons, everythig seemed to work fine in FF on XP. However, I'm not
    >>hearing any sounds on the page.

    > Well, that's my point, Leonidas. If you don't get any MISSING
    > PLUGINS message, then why is Firefox NOT playing the sounds?
    >

    >>I'm sorry to be a nudge, but can you be very specific about what you
    >>hafe done that brings up the plugin dialog? Or does it appear as soon
    >>as you have opened the page?
    >>
    >>Lee

    > I didn't do anything to bring up the browser MISSING PLUGINS
    > message. It just pops up as soon as the page loads. The site,
    > otherwise works normally.
    >
    > JW
    >
    > "FAILURE IS NOT AN OPTION is certainly true for
    > Israel in its conflict with the Arabs. Now Microsoft
    > has adopted the slogan as follows: FALURE IS NOT AN
    > OPTION. IT COMES BUNDLED WITH THE SOFTWARE!"

    On that specific page, Firefox isnt playing the sounds because the
    Javascript used to invoke them is not standard. Sounds have to be
    presented in the proper manner for web standard compliant browsers to
    use them, and this page isnt doing that.

    Do you get this missing plug in message on the www.tiferetorganic.com page?

    --
    Mozilla Champion
    UFAQ - http://www.UFAQ.org
    Moz Champion, Jan 20, 2005
  17. Leonidas Jones

    Moz Champion Guest

    JW wrote:

    > On Wed, 19 Jan 2005 05:16:06 GMT, Moz Champion
    > <> wrote:
    >

    >>because the page attempts to use a non standard method of calliing a
    >>file. It doesnt use the standard object mode, nor even the old
    >>(Netscape) embed routine, or even the old (IE) bgnsnd routine, but
    >>instead uses a non standard sndobj (Sound Object ?) javascript.
    >>
    >>And most likely it doesnt provide the proper mime type for the file.

    > Actually Moz, I DID try to use <EMBED>, <BGSOUND> and even
    > <OBJECT> tags, but without success. Any suggestions? As far as I know,
    > the Javascript is not unusual either.
    >
    > JW
    >

    > "FAILURE IS NOT AN OPTION is certainly true for
    > Israel in its conflict with the Arabs. Now Microsoft
    > has adopted the slogan as follows: FALURE IS NOT AN
    > OPTION. IT COMES BUNDLED WITH THE SOFTWARE!"

    If your server isnt providing the file in the proper mime format, then
    it will never work with a web standard compliant browser. Does the
    server in question provide the file in the proper mime type?

    --
    Mozilla Champion
    UFAQ - http://www.UFAQ.org
    Moz Champion, Jan 20, 2005
  18. Leonidas Jones

    Dave Zass Guest

    > Do you get this missing plug in message on the www.tiferetorganic.com
    > page?

    Yes, I get them on both pages. Ever since I reinstalled FF this week, I get
    these missing plug-in message bars. FF doesn't seem to be able to install
    the plug-in automatically. I've installed QT three times manually, but FF
    won't recognize it.
    Dave Zass, Jan 21, 2005
  19. Leonidas Jones

    Moz Champion Guest

    Dave Zass wrote:

    >>Do you get this missing plug in message on the www.tiferetorganic.com
    >>page?

    > Yes, I get them on both pages. Ever since I reinstalled FF this week, I get
    > these missing plug-in message bars. FF doesn't seem to be able to install
    > the plug-in automatically. I've installed QT three times manually, but FF
    > won't recognize it.

    Ah, did you delete the old version before installing the new one? Are
    you installing QT in the corrrect place - if you have multiple versions
    extant...

    --
    Mozilla Champion
    UFAQ - http://www.UFAQ.org
    Moz Champion, Jan 21, 2005
  20. Leonidas Jones

    Dave Zass Guest

    > Ah, did you delete the old version before installing the new one? Are you
    > installing QT in the corrrect place - if you have multiple versions
    > extant...

    Yep. Uninstalled QT 6.5.1 and reinstalled it (after doing a registry clean)
    after the FF reinstall. I had this problem before, don't remember how it
    was resolved.

    I can see the QT plug-ins in the FF plug-in folder, but I still get the
    dialogue bar at the top of the window whenever I visit a page that requires
    the QT plug-in.
    Dave Zass, Jan 21, 2005