    malicious. My biggest concern is that it's legitimate messages that are
    somehow getting mangled or de-contented en route.

    Anyone got an idea what this means?
    Mrs Beeble Brock, Jun 15, 2004

  2. Mrs Beeble Brock

    Enkidu Guest

    On Tue, 15 Jun 2004 19:40:04 +1200, Mrs Beeble Brock
    <> wrote:

    >Hi folks,
    >
    >At least three times each day I receive emails which have no subject, no
    > text and no sender other than the "-" character.
    >
    >I've always assumed this is someone with no life who gets a kick out of
    >annoying people with spam-less spam. But as it's been happening for over
    >a year I'm wondering if it's something else. I have up-to-date virus
    >protection as well as Xtra's spam and virus blocking so I doubt it's
    >malicious. My biggest concern is that it's legitimate messages that are
    >somehow getting mangled or de-contented en route.
    >
    >Anyone got an idea what this means?

    Post all the headers.

    Cheers,

    Cliff
    Enkidu, Jun 15, 2004

  3. Mrs Beeble Brock

    Howard Guest

    Enkidu wrote:
    > On Tue, 15 Jun 2004 19:40:04 +1200, Mrs Beeble Brock
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> Hi folks,
    >>
    >> At least three times each day I receive emails which have no
    >> subject, no text and no sender other than the "-" character.

    I have always assumed they were messages sent by a mal-functioning spam
    zombie. I've set my spam filter to auto delete them.
    Howard, Jun 16, 2004
  4. Mrs Beeble Brock

    Enkidu Guest

    On Wed, 16 Jun 2004 11:30:03 +1200, "Howard" <>
    wrote:

    >Enkidu wrote:
    >> On Tue, 15 Jun 2004 19:40:04 +1200, Mrs Beeble Brock
    >> <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> Hi folks,
    >>>
    >>> At least three times each day I receive emails which have no
    >>> subject, no text and no sender other than the "-" character.

    >I have always assumed they were messages sent by a mal-functioning spam
    >zombie. I've set my spam filter to auto delete them.

    That not me, that was Mrs B. If you snip all my stuff, that's fine,
    but please also snip my name too!

    Cheers,

    Cliff
    Enkidu, Jun 16, 2004