Emails and Outlook Express

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Mike Easter, Jul 2, 2005.

  1. Mike Easter

    Mike Easter Guest

    Alasdair Baxter wrote:
    > My computer has crashed and I want to recover the emails which I
    > downloaded and are in my Outlook Express "Inbox" folder. Can someone
    > please tell me where they are located on the hard drive?

    http://www.insideoe.com/files/store.htm#storemain How OE stores files on
    your hard disk

    They're inside a GUID folder in other folders which has a 32 char hex
    number with 4 hyphens and the file's name is inbox.dbx -- so you can
    search on that.

    I think WinXP marks them as hidden, so you have to enable viewing hidden
    files if you are XP.

    --
    Mike Easter

    Mike Easter, Jul 2, 2005

  2. Mike Easter

    Mike Easter Guest

    Date: Sat, 2 Jul 2005 15:08:56 -0700

    Voluntary clock police report.

    That stamp sez your system clock was 22:08 UTC when you posted your
    message, but currently it is only 14:33 UTC, so your clock is set for
    the future.

    It is advisable to set your clock to present time.

    --
    Mike Easter

    Mike Easter, Jul 2, 2005

  3. Mike Easter

    Fred is back Guest

    Alasdair Baxter <> wrote:

    > My computer has crashed and I want to recover the emails which I
    > downloaded and are in my Outlook Express "Inbox" folder.

    Tell me about your other needs.

    > Can someone please tell me where they are located on the hard drive?

    Why should I tell you where they are located on the hard drive?

    Fred is back, Jul 2, 2005
  4. Mike Easter

    Guest

    On "Mike Easter" <> wrote:

    |>Alasdair Baxter wrote:
    |>Date: Sat, 2 Jul 2005 15:08:56 -0700
    |>
    |>Voluntary clock police report.
    |>
    |>That stamp sez your system clock was 22:08 UTC when you posted your
    |>message, but currently it is only 14:33 UTC, so your clock is set for
    |>the future.
    |>
    |>It is advisable to set your clock to present time.

    All your base are belong to us.
    --

    , Jul 2, 2005
  5. Mike Easter

    Dave Lear Guest

    "Alasdair Baxter" wrote in message news:

    > My computer has crashed and I want to recover the emails which
    > I downloaded and are in my Outlook Express "Inbox" folder. Can
    > someone please tell me where they are located on the hard drive?

    Whilst you're fixing Outlook Express could you also correct your clock?

    Alasdair Baxter, Jul 2, 2005