Emailing Ships

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by noreply@invalid, Sep 11, 2004.

  1. Is it possible to send an email to a ship at sea
    noreply@invalid, Sep 11, 2004

  2. noreply@invalid

    Andy Kelly Guest

    > Is it possible to send an email to a ship at sea

    Yes, as long as they have internet access.
    Andy Kelly, Sep 11, 2004

  3. noreply@invalid

    Secret S Guest

    "Andy Kelly" <> wrote in message

    >> Is it possible to send an email to a ship at sea
    >>

    > Yes, as long as they have internet access.

    http://www.myleander.co.uk/
    This ship has internet access and I have email people I know onboard.
    However, the bandwidth is limited and emails cannot be bigger then 15kb.

    **SS**
    Secret S, Sep 11, 2004
  4. noreply@invalid

    why? Guest

    On Sat, 11 Sep 2004 10:24:31 GMT, Andy Kelly wrote:

    >> Is it possible to send an email to a ship at sea
    >>

    >Yes, as long as they have internet access.

    Maybe just plain boring old satellite technology even doesn't need the
    'Internet'.

    Me
    why?, Sep 11, 2004
  5. noreply@invalid

    Max Guest

    In article <hmA0d.1186$>,
    <"noreply@invalid"> wrote:

    > Is it possible to send an email to a ship at sea

    Of course. If they have access to the internet, you do nothing
    differently at your end. Send it to their address and they will get it
    when they get it.
    Or, look at it this way -- you haven't known where people are or how
    they connect to the internet, what hardware or software they are using,
    for almost ALL users you have ever messaged. You may already have sent
    many messages to people underground, at sea, using unusual equipment,
    pretending to be other people, pretending to be dogs in a dress, etc.
    Max, Sep 13, 2004