    Is there a simple program which will make emailable versions of images with
    one click?

    Thanks

    DD5, Jan 21, 2004

  2. DD5

    Chris Quinn Guest

    "DD5" <> wrote in message
    news:bum3gf$mcj$...
    > Sorry if this has been asked a million times...

    > Is there a simple program which will make emailable versions of images

    with
    > one click?
    >
    > Thanks

    It's called Windows Explorer (at least it is of you have Windows XP) - right
    click on the picture and choose "Send to" from the popup menu, then "Mail
    recipient".

    If you click on the more options link, you chan choose the size of the
    picture

    Chris Quinn, Jan 21, 2004

  3. DD5

    Ron Hunter Guest

    DD5 wrote:

    > Sorry if this has been asked a million times...
    >
    > I often email digital photos to people and each time I go through the
    > rigmarole of copying the photos first, then resizing them and saving as a
    > lower quality jpeg one by one so that the pixel size and file size are
    > appropriate for emailing. I use ACDSee 3.1 which is fine for this.
    >
    > However it's quite a fiddly process and a member of my family who is a less
    > frequent computer user would like to be able to email scanned pictures or
    > digital photos.
    >
    > Is there a simple program which will make emailable versions of images with
    > one click?
    >
    > Thanks

    More or less, if you have WinXP. If you do, just select the picture
    file in Windows Explorer, then right-click and select 'send to', and
    then 'mail recipient'. You will be asked to select a size, and then you
    will be taken to your email program. About as simple as I can come up with.
    But if you don't have XP, stick with ACDSee, I guess.

    Ron Hunter, Jan 21, 2004
  4. DD5

    Jeremy Guest

    "DD5" <> wrote in message

    > Is there a simple program which will make emailable versions of images

    with
    > one click?

    There certainly IS, and it's FREE!

    Go to the Kodak website and search for the download of their EASY-SHARE
    software.

    It'll automatically resize your photos for emailing, and will email them
    too. It does everything wou would need to do with your digital images
    (except for complicated image editing) and you can do it all from within one
    program. No need to go from one application to another (unless you need
    more than simple editing functions).

    Try it--it seems just what you are looking for--and you can't argue with the
    price.

    Jeremy, Jan 21, 2004
  5. DD5

    Mark C Guest

    Qimage is a great program for this.

    Mark C, Jan 21, 2004
  6. DD5

    Terry D Guest

    Ron Hunter wrote:
    > DD5 wrote:
    >
    >> Sorry if this has been asked a million times...
    >>
    >> I often email digital photos to people and each time I go through the
    >> rigmarole of copying the photos first, then resizing them and saving
    >> as a lower quality jpeg one by one so that the pixel size and file
    >> size are appropriate for emailing. I use ACDSee 3.1 which is fine
    >> for this.
    >>
    >> However it's quite a fiddly process and a member of my family who is
    >> a less frequent computer user would like to be able to email scanned
    >> pictures or digital photos.
    >>
    >> Is there a simple program which will make emailable versions of
    >> images with one click?
    >>
    >> Thanks
    >>

    > More or less, if you have WinXP. If you do, just select the picture
    > file in Windows Explorer, then right-click and select 'send to', and
    > then 'mail recipient'. You will be asked to select a size, and then
    > you will be taken to your email program. About as simple as I can
    > come up with. But if you don't have XP, stick with ACDSee, I guess.

    I have a Kodak DX4330 and use their Easyshare software. It's not perfect
    but it does have a facilty for e-mailing images with automatic shrinking if
    required. It also incorporates basic imaging enhancing and album sorting.
    It can be downloaded free from the Kodak website.

    Terry D.

    Terry D, Jan 21, 2004
  7. DD5

    Barry K Guest

    ACDSee 6.0 does this very easily - just select the photos you want to send &
    click "Send" - this brings up a wizard that steps you through reducing &
    emailing them. Only 1 or 2 steps - very quick/simple... Is this more
    difficult with ACDSee 3.1?

    If so, you may want to upgrade - if not, not sure how much easier this can
    be...

    Barry K, Jan 21, 2004
  8. DD5

    DD5 Guest

    thanks for all the suggestions. i'll check them out.

    DD5, Jan 21, 2004
  9. On Wed, 21 Jan 2004 14:48:47 +0000 (UTC), "DD5" <>
    wrote:

    >Sorry if this has been asked a million times...
    >
    >I often email digital photos to people and each time I go through the
    >rigmarole of copying the photos first, then resizing them and saving as a
    >lower quality jpeg one by one so that the pixel size and file size are
    >appropriate for emailing. I use ACDSee 3.1 which is fine for this.
    >
    >However it's quite a fiddly process and a member of my family who is a less
    >frequent computer user would like to be able to email scanned pictures or
    >digital photos.
    >
    >Is there a simple program which will make emailable versions of images with
    >one click?
    >
    >Thanks

    try a program called, Advanced jpeg compressor, by
    www.winsoftmagic.com

    Freezedriedfrank, Jan 22, 2004
  10. DD5

    Tom Monego Guest

    No Windows XP use a batch convert in Irfanview, very easy to do and the program
    is free. You can do the same in Photoshop 7 on but it is not as easy and you
    are looking for a cost effective answer, right.

    Tom

    Tom Monego, Jan 22, 2004
  11. DD5

    Ediberdu Guest

    Sorry I don't have an answer for your question, but I noticed that you use
    ACDSee 3.1 which I am looking for. I just posted about it. I replaced it on
    my brother's computer with a newer version which he says is much less user
    friendly. I wanted to ask if you got it recently or knew where I might could
    obtain a copy.
    Thanks!!

    Ediberdu, Jan 22, 2004
  12. DD5

    Guest

    DD5 <> wrote:

    > Is there a simple program which will make emailable versions of images with
    > one click?

    You didn't say which OS users. For Mac users, what you want to do
    is ridiculously easy with the iPhoto software that Apple includes
    for free with every computer it sells. You just import the photos
    into iPhoto (which as easy), then click on the photo or photos
    to be emailed and then click on the email icon.

    The email software of choice will automatically open up, the
    image file(s) will automatically be included in an outgoing
    email message. The user simply needs to address the message,
    add any explanatory text, and click the "send" button.

    , Jan 25, 2004
  13. DD5

    HRosita Guest

    Hi,

    Most editing programs have the capability to save images for the web.
    If I want a fast conversion I use Irfanview. You can download it from
    www.irfanview.com, and it is free, fast and efficient.
    Just go to Image > Resize/Resample
    and choose a size. I usually resize to 1024x768 as most monitors are set to
    this resolution.
    Rosita

    HRosita, Jan 25, 2004
  14. DD5

    Hyun Guest

    et (HRosita) wrote in message news:<>...
    > Hi,
    >
    > Most editing programs have the capability to save images for the web.
    > If I want a fast conversion I use Irfanview. You can download it from
    > www.irfanview.com, and it is free, fast and efficient.
    > Just go to Image > Resize/Resample
    > and choose a size. I usually resize to 1024x768 as most monitors are set to
    > this resolution.
    > Rosita

    I agree. Infraview is a great program. And as Rosita stated - free
    and feature packed.

    Arthur Lee
    http://www.best-digital-photos.com/index1

    Hyun, Jan 25, 2004