    several different folders and make them smaller to Email all in the message.

    THANKS!!
    Jim

    Jim, Mar 7, 2005

  2. Jim

    Jim Townsend Guest

    do not spam wrote:

    > I use OE and have Windows XP SP2 - does anyone know a way to mail photos
    > from my OE and shrink them down. I know how to mail from a single folder but
    > I want to be in my OE and click the attachment button and chose photos from
    > several different folders and make them smaller to Email all in the message.

    If you left click on your image(s) directly and choose
    'Send To' from the popup menu, you have the option of
    choosing 'mail recipient'

    When you choose 'mail recipient', you should be prompted
    as to whether you want to shrink the image or not..

    Choose shrink :)

    Once you're done, OE will open with the image shrunk and
    attached and ready to send. Just add the name of the recipient
    and any text you want to add.

    Jim Townsend, Mar 7, 2005

  3. Jim

    Ben Thomas Guest

    Jim Townsend wrote:
    > do not spam wrote:
    >

    >>I use OE and have Windows XP SP2 - does anyone know a way to mail photos
    >>from my OE and shrink them down. I know how to mail from a single folder but
    >>I want to be in my OE and click the attachment button and chose photos from
    >>several different folders and make them smaller to Email all in the message.

    > If you left click on your image(s) directly and choose
    > 'Send To' from the popup menu, you have the option of
    > choosing 'mail recipient'
    >
    > When you choose 'mail recipient', you should be prompted
    > as to whether you want to shrink the image or not..
    >
    > Choose shrink :)
    >
    > Once you're done, OE will open with the image shrunk and
    > attached and ready to send. Just add the name of the recipient
    > and any text you want to add.

    The OP said he already knows how to do that. The OP wants to add images from
    multiple folders to one email.

    --
    Ben Thomas

    Ben Thomas, Mar 8, 2005
  4. Jim

    Jim Townsend Guest

    Ben Thomas wrote:

    > Jim Townsend wrote:
    >> do not spam wrote:
    >>

    >>>I use OE and have Windows XP SP2 - does anyone know a way to mail photos
    >>>from my OE and shrink them down. I know how to mail from a single folder but
    >>>I want to be in my OE and click the attachment button and chose photos from
    >>>several different folders and make them smaller to Email all in the message.

    >> If you left click on your image(s) directly and choose
    >> 'Send To' from the popup menu, you have the option of
    >> choosing 'mail recipient'
    >>
    >> When you choose 'mail recipient', you should be prompted
    >> as to whether you want to shrink the image or not..
    >>
    >> Choose shrink :)
    >>
    >> Once you're done, OE will open with the image shrunk and
    >> attached and ready to send. Just add the name of the recipient
    >> and any text you want to add.

    > The OP said he already knows how to do that. The OP wants to add images from
    > multiple folders to one email.

    Hmm.. you're right.. Gotta read slower :)

    I don't think you can do this directly from
    OE..

    Jim Townsend, Mar 8, 2005
  5. Jim

    Ron Hunter Guest

    Jim wrote:
    > I use OE and have Windows XP SP2 - does anyone know a way to mail photos
    > from my OE and shrink them down. I know how to mail from a single folder but
    > I want to be in my OE and click the attachment button and chose photos from
    > several different folders and make them smaller to Email all in the message.
    >
    > THANKS!!
    > Jim

    Go to the Microsoft site and download the 'powertoys'. One of them
    makes this process quite painless. You just select the picture from
    Explorer and right click. It will then offer you an email option, which
    will then bring up a dialog asking you what size you want. It will
    resize/resample the picture to the new size, and feed it to your email
    program.

    --
    Ron Hunter

    Ron Hunter, Mar 8, 2005
  6. Jim

    Ron Hunter Guest

    Ben Thomas wrote:
    > Jim Townsend wrote:
    >
    >> do not spam wrote:
    >>

    >>> I use OE and have Windows XP SP2 - does anyone know a way to mail photos
    >>> from my OE and shrink them down. I know how to mail from a single
    >>> folder but
    >>> I want to be in my OE and click the attachment button and chose
    >>> photos from
    >>> several different folders and make them smaller to Email all in the
    >>> message.

    >> If you left click on your image(s) directly and choose
    >> 'Send To' from the popup menu, you have the option of
    >> choosing 'mail recipient'
    >>
    >> When you choose 'mail recipient', you should be prompted as to whether
    >> you want to shrink the image or not..
    >> Choose shrink :)
    >>
    >> Once you're done, OE will open with the image shrunk and
    >> attached and ready to send. Just add the name of the recipient and
    >> any text you want to add.

    > The OP said he already knows how to do that. The OP wants to add images
    > from multiple folders to one email.
    >
    > --
    > Ben Thomas

    Wasn't what he asked. We are supposed to read his mine, as you seem to
    have???

    --
    Ron Hunter

    Ron Hunter, Mar 8, 2005
  7. Jim

    Ron Hunter Guest

    Jim Townsend wrote:
    > Ben Thomas wrote:
    >

    >>Jim Townsend wrote:

    >>>If you left click on your image(s) directly and choose
    >>>'Send To' from the popup menu, you have the option of
    >>>choosing 'mail recipient'
    >>>
    >>>When you choose 'mail recipient', you should be prompted
    >>>as to whether you want to shrink the image or not..
    >>>
    >>>Choose shrink :)
    >>>
    >>>Once you're done, OE will open with the image shrunk and
    >>>attached and ready to send. Just add the name of the recipient
    >>>and any text you want to add.

    >>The OP said he already knows how to do that. The OP wants to add images from
    >>multiple folders to one email.

    > Hmm.. you're right.. Gotta read slower :)
    >
    > I don't think you can do this directly from
    > OE..

    It would require moving/copying them to a folder first, I believe.

    --
    Ron Hunter

    Ron Hunter, Mar 8, 2005
  8. Jim

    Jim Townsend Guest

    Ron Hunter wrote:

    > Ben Thomas wrote:

    >> The OP said he already knows how to do that. The OP wants to add images
    >> from multiple folders to one email.

    > Wasn't what he asked. We are supposed to read his mine, as you seem to
    > have???

    The OP said he knows how to "send from a single folder"
    but can't do the same from within OE when adding
    attachments.

    He doesn't say he's right clicking and choosing 'send
    to mail recipient', but I guess you can assume he
    was doing that since there's no other way to mail
    a message to someone from a "single folder".

    I think he wants to open OE, add an attachement
    and shrink it in the same manner as the right
    click method.

    The question wasn't worded that clearly :)

    Jim Townsend, Mar 8, 2005
  9. Jim

    Jim Guest

    "Jim Townsend" <> wrote in message
    > Ron Hunter wrote:
    >
    >> Ben Thomas wrote:

    >>> The OP said he already knows how to do that. The OP wants to add images
    >>> from multiple folders to one email.

    >> Wasn't what he asked. We are supposed to read his mine, as you seem to
    >> have???
    >>

    > The OP said he knows how to "send from a single folder"
    > but can't do the same from within OE when adding
    > attachments.
    >
    > He doesn't say he's right clicking and choosing 'send
    > to mail recipient', but I guess you can assume he
    > was doing that since there's no other way to mail
    > a message to someone from a "single folder".
    >
    > I think he wants to open OE, add an attachement
    > and shrink it in the same manner as the right
    > click method.
    >
    > The question wasn't worded that clearly :)

    Thanks to all who replied! I will take a look at the powertoys to see if
    this may help. Maybe Microsoft will create a way in the future to do what I
    am asking.
    I can not say if my question was clear or not and if not - SORRY!!! In my
    head it made perfect sense. For now I can create a folder on my desktop -
    add the shrunken pictures in it then mail the folder. It just seems like a
    pain this way and an easy thing to invent to do - a way to attach a pic to
    the mail then shrink at that time - repeat for each folder I want to send
    from. OR....I could be like everyone I know - ALL their pictures are under
    "my pictures" and they just hunt there. Maybe I should just stop taking so
    many digital pictures and boring my family and friends with them via Email?!

    Jim / NJ

    Jim, Mar 10, 2005
  10. Jim

    Jim Guest

    "Ron Hunter" <> wrote in message
    > Jim wrote:
    >> I use OE and have Windows XP SP2 - does anyone know a way to mail photos
    >> from my OE and shrink them down. I know how to mail from a single folder
    >> but I want to be in my OE and click the attachment button and chose
    >> photos from several different folders and make them smaller to Email all
    >> in the message.
    >>
    >> THANKS!!
    >> Jim

    > Go to the Microsoft site and download the 'powertoys'. One of them makes
    > this process quite painless. You just select the picture from Explorer
    > and right click. It will then offer you an email option, which will then
    > bring up a dialog asking you what size you want. It will resize/resample
    > the picture to the new size, and feed it to your email program.
    >

    > --
    > Ron Hunter

    PS to my earlier reply. This says to select from Explorer? My pics are in
    folders on my C drive - not in IE? Pardon the ignorance - I'm not that
    computer literate (Hence the original post and delay in reading the replies)
    so maybe you mean a different Explorer.
    Jim

    Jim, Mar 10, 2005
  11. Jim

    Jim Guest

    "Ron Hunter" <> wrote in message
    > Jim wrote:
    >> I use OE and have Windows XP SP2 - does anyone know a way to mail photos
    >> from my OE and shrink them down. I know how to mail from a single folder
    >> but I want to be in my OE and click the attachment button and chose
    >> photos from several different folders and make them smaller to Email all
    >> in the message.
    >>
    >> THANKS!!
    >> Jim

    > Go to the Microsoft site and download the 'powertoys'. One of them makes
    > this process quite painless. You just select the picture from Explorer
    > and right click. It will then offer you an email option, which will then
    > bring up a dialog asking you what size you want. It will resize/resample
    > the picture to the new size, and feed it to your email program.
    >

    > --
    > Ron Hunter

    SORRY for the three replies. I went to MS and downloaded what Ron said and I
    found how to "resize" the pictures as a copy - then I guess I could Email
    them from there but then I'd have all these copies of the originals no? Then
    I'd want to delete those? And still can't jus hit new mail and go from
    there? I'll play with it a while.
    Jim

    Jim, Mar 10, 2005
  12. Jim

    Ron Hunter Guest

    Jim wrote:
    > "Jim Townsend" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>Ron Hunter wrote:

    >>>Wasn't what he asked. We are supposed to read his mine, as you seem to
    >>>have???
    >>>

    >>The OP said he knows how to "send from a single folder"
    >>but can't do the same from within OE when adding
    >>attachments.
    >>
    >>He doesn't say he's right clicking and choosing 'send
    >>to mail recipient', but I guess you can assume he
    >>was doing that since there's no other way to mail
    >>a message to someone from a "single folder".
    >>
    >>I think he wants to open OE, add an attachement
    >>and shrink it in the same manner as the right
    >>click method.
    >>
    >>The question wasn't worded that clearly :)

    > Thanks to all who replied! I will take a look at the powertoys to see if
    > this may help. Maybe Microsoft will create a way in the future to do what I
    > am asking.
    > I can not say if my question was clear or not and if not - SORRY!!! In my
    > head it made perfect sense. For now I can create a folder on my desktop -
    > add the shrunken pictures in it then mail the folder. It just seems like a
    > pain this way and an easy thing to invent to do - a way to attach a pic to
    > the mail then shrink at that time - repeat for each folder I want to send
    > from. OR....I could be like everyone I know - ALL their pictures are under
    > "my pictures" and they just hunt there. Maybe I should just stop taking so
    > many digital pictures and boring my family and friends with them via Email?!
    >
    > Jim / NJ

    There is software, some free, like Picasa 2 which will do what you want,
    and much much more. Check it out at Google.

    --
    Ron Hunter

    Ron Hunter, Mar 10, 2005
  13. Jim

    Ron Hunter Guest

    Jim wrote:
    > "Ron Hunter" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>Jim wrote:
    >>
    >>>I use OE and have Windows XP SP2 - does anyone know a way to mail photos
    >>>from my OE and shrink them down. I know how to mail from a single folder
    >>>but I want to be in my OE and click the attachment button and chose
    >>>photos from several different folders and make them smaller to Email all
    >>>in the message.
    >>>
    >>>THANKS!!
    >>>Jim

    >>Go to the Microsoft site and download the 'powertoys'. One of them makes
    >>this process quite painless. You just select the picture from Explorer
    >>and right click. It will then offer you an email option, which will then
    >>bring up a dialog asking you what size you want. It will resize/resample
    >>the picture to the new size, and feed it to your email program.
    >>

    >>--
    >>Ron Hunter

    > SORRY for the three replies. I went to MS and downloaded what Ron said and I
    > found how to "resize" the pictures as a copy - then I guess I could Email
    > them from there but then I'd have all these copies of the originals no? Then
    > I'd want to delete those? And still can't jus hit new mail and go from
    > there? I'll play with it a while.
    > Jim

    Try selecting the pictures you want to send, and then right-click. Go
    from there.

    --
    Ron Hunter

    Ron Hunter, Mar 10, 2005
  14. Jim

    Jim Guest

    "Ron Hunter" <> wrote in message
    > Jim wrote:
    >> "Ron Hunter" <> wrote in message

    >>>Go to the Microsoft site and download the 'powertoys'. One of them makes
    >>>this process quite painless. You just select the picture from Explorer
    >>>and right click. It will then offer you an email option, which will then
    >>>bring up a dialog asking you what size you want. It will resize/resample
    >>>the picture to the new size, and feed it to your email program.
    >>>

    >>>--
    >>>Ron Hunter

    >> SORRY for the three replies. I went to MS and downloaded what Ron said
    >> and I found how to "resize" the pictures as a copy - then I guess I could
    >> Email them from there but then I'd have all these copies of the originals
    >> no? Then I'd want to delete those? And still can't jus hit new mail and
    >> go from there? I'll play with it a while.
    >> Jim

    > Try selecting the pictures you want to send, and then right-click. Go
    > from there.
    >

    > --
    > Ron Hunter

    I did what you say but all it does is create a smaller picture within that
    same folder and then I have to scroll to the bottom - select it - attach
    it - then go into the folder later to delete it. It would be too cool if I
    could right click and resize on the spot and only for that one time to send
    as an Email. Resize and attach at once. But... your idea was neat and I am
    SURE I will use it in the future for resizing. I have a link from when I
    first got my camera to IRFANVIEW that I never downloaded their free program.
    Maybe something on there will do what I want. Call in and open the albums
    then select what I want - resize and mail out then just don't save the work.
    It seems the program that came w/ the camera could but it's not easy. I was
    looking for the "easy" way out to quickly Email friends and family pictures
    we took. I usually download them in groups to folders based on the subject
    then name / date them to find later then Email some out at some future time.
    Then some friends write back and say they don't open and others they do so I
    need a class I think at the local adult education.

    Jim, Mar 10, 2005
  15. Jim

    Al Luminium Guest

    "Jim" <jkc84xx@optonline(do not spam)xx.removex'stosendmail.net> wrote in
    message news:U65Yd.12887$...
    major snippage>

    Here's a couple of extra hints to make the process a bit easier;

    If you don't use Winows XP stop here and disregard all that follows!

    Explorer means Windows Explorer, not internet explorer.

    Open your email program (outlook express??) and connect to the internet.

    Open Windows Explorer, or My Computer, or My Documents and go to your first
    foto.

    You can select things with the Windows convention of holding down the
    CONTROL key and clicking on a folder or file. I haven't tried to send a
    whole folder to see if the shrinking option would apply, but I will later.
    After making your multiple image selection (BTW, you can unselect by holding
    the control and picking on an already selected object) RIGHT click and
    select "send to email recipient", select option "resize (make smaller)
    foto". I think this will only work with JPGs. From my experience, an image
    of 1.5 Mb will compress to about 40 Kb, a 4Mb image will compress to about
    45 to 60 Kb.

    Back in email, erase the boilerplate text that gets dropped there and your
    good to go. I have also used this method to send myself email so I can save
    the reduced images to disk for later use. I could use Windows paint, but the
    compression is not as great, or Photoshop, but this requires one, by one
    selection. The send to email recipient is kewel.

    Al Luminium, Mar 11, 2005
  16. Jim

    Ron Hunter Guest

    Jim wrote:
    > "Ron Hunter" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>Jim wrote:
    >>
    >>>"Ron Hunter" <> wrote in message

    >>>SORRY for the three replies. I went to MS and downloaded what Ron said
    >>>and I found how to "resize" the pictures as a copy - then I guess I could
    >>>Email them from there but then I'd have all these copies of the originals
    >>>no? Then I'd want to delete those? And still can't jus hit new mail and
    >>>go from there? I'll play with it a while.
    >>>Jim

    >>Try selecting the pictures you want to send, and then right-click. Go
    >>from there.
    >>

    >>--
    >>Ron Hunter

    > I did what you say but all it does is create a smaller picture within that
    > same folder and then I have to scroll to the bottom - select it - attach
    > it - then go into the folder later to delete it. It would be too cool if I
    > could right click and resize on the spot and only for that one time to send
    > as an Email. Resize and attach at once. But... your idea was neat and I am
    > SURE I will use it in the future for resizing. I have a link from when I
    > first got my camera to IRFANVIEW that I never downloaded their free program.
    > Maybe something on there will do what I want. Call in and open the albums
    > then select what I want - resize and mail out then just don't save the work.
    > It seems the program that came w/ the camera could but it's not easy. I was
    > looking for the "easy" way out to quickly Email friends and family pictures
    > we took. I usually download them in groups to folders based on the subject
    > then name / date them to find later then Email some out at some future time.
    > Then some friends write back and say they don't open and others they do so I
    > need a class I think at the local adult education.

    Irfanview will process a folder to reduce the size of the pictures to
    whatever you specify, but it won't subsequently email all of them as far
    as I know, and it DOES save them.

    Try this:
    Select the pictures you want to send. Right-click and select 'send to'.
    One of the options should be 'mail recipient'. Click on it. That
    will bring up the resize for email dialog. Respond with the size you
    want, and it should open OE with the pictures listed (converted ones) as
    attachments. Isn't that what you want?

    --
    Ron Hunter

    Ron Hunter, Mar 11, 2005
  17. Jim

    Jim Guest

    "Ron Hunter" <> wrote in message
    > Jim wrote:
    >> "Ron Hunter" <> wrote in message

    >>>Try selecting the pictures you want to send, and then right-click. Go
    >>>from there.
    >>>

    >>>--
    >>>Ron Hunter

    >> I did what you say but all it does is create a smaller picture within
    >> that same folder and then I have to scroll to the bottom - select it -
    >> attach it - then go into the folder later to delete it. It would be too
    >> cool if I could right click and resize on the spot and only for that one
    >> time to send as an Email. Resize and attach at once. But... your idea was
    >> neat and I am SURE I will use it in the future for resizing. I have a
    >> link from when I first got my camera to IRFANVIEW that I never downloaded
    >> their free program. Maybe something on there will do what I want. Call in
    >> and open the albums then select what I want - resize and mail out then
    >> just don't save the work. It seems the program that came w/ the camera
    >> could but it's not easy. I was looking for the "easy" way out to quickly
    >> Email friends and family pictures we took. I usually download them in
    >> groups to folders based on the subject then name / date them to find
    >> later then Email some out at some future time. Then some friends write
    >> back and say they don't open and others they do so I need a class I think
    >> at the local adult education.
    >>

    > Irfanview will process a folder to reduce the size of the pictures to
    > whatever you specify, but it won't subsequently email all of them as far
    > as I know, and it DOES save them.
    >
    > Try this:
    > Select the pictures you want to send. Right-click and select 'send to'.
    > One of the options should be 'mail recipient'. Click on it. That will
    > bring up the resize for email dialog. Respond with the size you want, and
    > it should open OE with the pictures listed (converted ones) as
    > attachments. Isn't that what you want?
    >

    > --
    > Ron Hunter

    What I want is to be able to send say three pictures from one folder on my
    hard drive and 2 from another and maybe 5 from yet another but ALL in one
    Email message and all shrunk down so the recipient can open and see them
    easily. All this thru using the attachment button in OE as that is what I
    use. What I have to do now is open each folder - shrink it down and send
    that then send a 2nd mail message from folder two and repeat until done.
    I use XP SP2 w/ OE.

    Jim, Mar 14, 2005
  18. Jim

    Jim Guest

    Jim, Mar 14, 2005
  19. Jim

    Barry Guest

    >What I want is to be able to send say three pictures from one folder on my
    >hard drive and 2 from another and maybe 5 from yet another but ALL in one
    >Email message and all shrunk down so the recipient can open and see them
    >easily. All this thru using the attachment button in OE as that is what I
    >use. What I have to do now is open each folder - shrink it down and send
    >that then send a 2nd mail message from folder two and repeat until done.
    >I use XP SP2 w/ OE.

    Check out this program "SendPhotos" at:

    http://www.sendphotos.com/?product=SendPhotos&version=302&

    This site http://www.broderbund.com still has version 2 for
    $9.95 (US). Version 3 is $29.95 (US). Version 3 does have a few
    features you might want.

    While there are free ways to do what you want this program is soooo
    simple to use and makes it so *easy* for the recipient to view the
    pictures it may be worth the money for you.

    I use it when I have to send photos to friends and family who really
    can't be bothered with attachment and they don't want attchments. All
    they want is to see the pictures. Check out the program. I think it
    may be what you're looking for.

    Barry, Mar 15, 2005