email

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Teresa kotara, Apr 16, 2008.

  1. I cannot log in to my hotmail account, Ive been trying for the past hour all
    the options. Can you help
    Teresa kotara, Apr 16, 2008

  2. Teresa kotara

    Dan C Guest

    On Wed, 16 Apr 2008 18:27:48 +0000, Teresa kotara wrote:

    > I cannot log in to my hotmail account, Ive been trying for the past hour all
    > the options. Can you help

    Keep trying for another hour, and if it still doesn't work, just format
    your hard disk.

    Dan C, Apr 16, 2008

  3. Teresa kotara

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Wed, 16 Apr 2008 18:27:48 GMT, "Teresa kotara"
    <> wrote:

    >I cannot log in to my hotmail account, Ive been trying for the past hour all
    >the options. Can you help

    Please be a bit more vague.

    Oh - NTL World. Clued enough to post here, not clued enough to come
    back and find replies.
    Evan Platt, Apr 16, 2008
  4. zynteq7 wrote:

    > Teresa kotara wrote:
    >> I cannot log in to my hotmail account, Ive been trying for the past
    >> hour all the options. Can you help
    >>

    > Jesus, when it rains it POURS....
    >
    > *adds new ntlworld filter*

    Why? You opposed to comedy?

    --
    -bts
    -Friends don't let friends drive Vista
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Apr 17, 2008
  5. Teresa kotara

    Mara Guest

    On Wed, 16 Apr 2008 21:41:39 -0400, zynteq7 <> wrote:

    >Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
    >> zynteq7 wrote:

    >>> Jesus, when it rains it POURS....
    >>>
    >>> *adds new ntlworld filter*

    >> Why? You opposed to comedy?
    >>

    >you know... you're quite right. I'd be denying myself a(nother) good laugh.
    >
    >Related to that I'd also say, *frankly* I think that to many people here
    >are giving all the "google groupers" a bad rap. Some are asking decent
    >questions and JUST because they are connecting through google, some will
    >flip out and go on a tirade.

    Or maybe we (tinw) just prefer to read stuff that's understandable. Or prefer
    not to see reposted spam. :)

    If you want to look at Groper posts, by all means, do so. But don't judge the
    rest of us because we prefer not to. I've seen enough incomprehensible bullshit
    coming from google groups that it simply isn't logical for me *not* to block
    them.

    That's why every copy of every news reader has filters. :)

    --
    "The most precious possession that ever comes to a man
    in this world is a woman's heart." -- Josiah G.
    Mara, Apr 17, 2008
  6. Teresa kotara

    thanatoid Guest

    zynteq7 <> wrote in

    > Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
    >> zynteq7 wrote:

    >>> Jesus, when it rains it POURS....
    >>>
    >>> *adds new ntlworld filter*

    >> Why? You opposed to comedy?
    >>

    > you know... you're quite right. I'd be denying myself
    > a(nother) good laugh.
    >
    > Related to that I'd also say, *frankly* I think that to
    > many people here are giving all the "google groupers" a bad
    > rap. Some are asking decent questions and JUST because they
    > are connecting through google, some will flip out and go on
    > a tirade.

    I have often thought about the billion posts of all kinds an
    average Usenet user will never see. (You guys remember Rick
    something who read EVERY single Usenet post for a few years
    {that WAS in the 80's} and then ended up removing computers (or
    maybe just the net) from his life /entirely/...)

    And what about the saying "what you don't know won't hurt you".
    Or, in this case, "what you don't read, won't /insert verb of
    choice/ you".

    In the few years (I have NO track of time... has it been 2 or 5
    years?) we have been subjected to the second September that
    never ended, I'm sure we have ALL read at least /one/
    intelligent and/or informative and/or funny post coming from
    that devil's dunghill which is GG.

    Would we have missed it/them if we had NOT read it/them?
    Methinks not.

    I /finally/ (even though I have nothing to do I tend to
    procrastinate rather heavily) put in a GG filter (and
    discussions.microsoft.com while I was at it) filter a few weeks
    ago. Some genius MAY have posted the secret of contacting alien
    intelligent beings using your hydraulic car jack on GG since
    then, but I doubt it. What I haven't seen does not exist. My
    life sucks enough as it is.

    And as I actually posted - since I was SO amazed at the
    effectiveness of the filter - ALL SPAM in this group disappeared
    /instantly/ - and as you all know it's been getting really
    ridiculous over the last couple of months.

    If I had any will power, I would get off the net entirely and do
    something useful instead of arguing about stupid things with
    people who may be bots. (And no, I have NOT forgotten my NY's
    resolutions. It's only April!)

    Just my two sense (sic).

    --
    The lonely child plays with eternity, while a gang of children
    plays with time.

    Karel Capek
    thanatoid, Apr 17, 2008
  7. Teresa kotara

    Mara Guest

    On Thu, 17 Apr 2008 14:01:47 -0400, zynteq7 <> wrote:

    >Mara wrote:
    >> On Wed, 16 Apr 2008 21:41:39 -0400, zynteq7 <> wrote:

    <snip>

    >>> Related to that I'd also say, *frankly* I think that to many people here
    >>> are giving all the "google groupers" a bad rap. Some are asking decent
    >>> questions and JUST because they are connecting through google, some will
    >>> flip out and go on a tirade.

    >> Or maybe we (tinw) just prefer to read stuff that's understandable. Or prefer
    >> not to see reposted spam. :)
    >>
    >> If you want to look at Groper posts, by all means, do so. But don't judge the
    >> rest of us because we prefer not to. <snip>

    >No judgments... and I said "some" ... ok now I'M being anal retentive :p

    Picky, picky. ;)

    Mara, Apr 17, 2008
  8. zynteq7 wrote:

    > Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
    >> zynteq7 wrote:

    >>> Jesus, when it rains it POURS....
    >>>
    >>> *adds new ntlworld filter*

    >> Why? You opposed to comedy?
    >>

    > you know... you're quite right. I'd be denying myself a(nother) good
    > laugh.
    >
    > Related to that I'd also say, *frankly* I think that to many people here
    > are giving all the "google groupers" a bad rap.

    Lie with dogs; arise with fleas.

    --
    Blinky
    Killing all posts from Google Groups