    I AM ABLE TO SEND E-MAILS BUT I CANNOT
    RECEIVE ANY. WHY IS THIS? I USE OUTLOOK
    EXPRESS ON WINDOWS 98 MY EMAIL ADDRESS IS HELEN.BREEN@TESCONET
    Helen Breen, Jan 23, 2006

  2. Helen Breen

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Mon, 23 Jan 2006 19:20:32 GMT, "Helen Breen"
    <> wrote:

    >I AM ABLE TO SEND E-MAILS BUT I CANNOT
    >RECEIVE ANY. WHY IS THIS?

    I don't know. Could be a CAPS LOCK ISSUE, or it could be as simple as
    reading the error message.

    >I USE OUTLOOK EXPRESS ON WINDOWS 98

    I'm sorry.

    >MY EMAIL ADDRESS IS HELEN.BREEN@TESCONET

    No, it's not.

    That could be your problem.
    Evan Platt, Jan 23, 2006

  3. Helen Breen

    Mike Easter Guest

    Helen Breen wrote:
    > I AM ABLE TO SEND E-MAILS BUT I CANNOT
    > RECEIVE ANY.

    Your mail servers are:

    Incoming mail server (pop): mail.tesco.net
    Outgoing mail server (smtp): mail.tesco.net

    Your username is helen.breen

    > WHY IS THIS?

    You likely have something misconfigured, like the domain name

    > I USE OUTLOOK
    > EXPRESS ON WINDOWS 98

    Here's a page showing you how to configure

    http://www.tesco.net/help_pages/PC/mail/Outlook Express 6/New Account/content.html
    How do I set-up my account?

    > MY EMAIL ADDRESS IS HELEN.BREEN@TESCONET

    That's a mistake and you can't configure like that for the name of the
    mailserver. You'll have to put a dot between tesco and net as I showed
    above.

    And, when you type a news message, you should not have your capslock key
    on. You should make your message look like this:

    --
    Mike Easter
    Mike Easter, Jan 23, 2006
  4. Helen Breen

    Whiskers Guest

    On 2006-01-23, Helen Breen <> wrote:
    > I AM ABLE TO SEND E-MAILS BUT I CANNOT
    > RECEIVE ANY. WHY IS THIS? I USE OUTLOOK
    > EXPRESS ON WINDOWS 98 MY EMAIL ADDRESS IS HELEN.BREEN@TESCONET

    Please don't SHOUT.

    Make sure that you have the correct settings in OE.

    Ask your ISP if they are having any problems; check the 'system status'
    information on their web site.

    Is anyone sending you any e-mails?

    (If you can read this then you are at least getting newsgroup articles -
    but they are not e-mail).

    --
    -- ^^^^^^^^^^
    -- Whiskers
    Whiskers, Jan 23, 2006
  5. Helen Breen

    Duane Arnold Guest

    Helen Breen <> wrote in message
    <40aBf.53657$>...

    > I AM ABLE TO SEND E-MAILS BUT I CANNOT RECEIVE ANY.

    Maybe you really can. I recommend that you try.

    > WHY IS THIS? I USE OUTLOOK EXPRESS ON WINDOWS 98 MY EMAIL ADDRESS
    > IS HELEN.

    Why the **** do you use outlook express on windows 98 your email address
    is helen?

    > BREEN@TESCONET.

    You're a little young to be retiring.

    > I'm always too stressed out about nothing!!...

    Go here,
    Breen:

    http://www.newhopehealthclinic.com/painless_methods_of_how_to_commit_suicide.htm

    --
    Duane :)
    Duane Arnold, Jan 24, 2006
  6. Helen Breen

    Plato Guest

    Helen Breen wrote:

    > I AM ABLE TO SEND E-MAILS BUT I CANNOT
    > RECEIVE ANY. WHY IS THIS? I USE OUTLOOK

    Your password is wrong.

    http://www.bootdisk.com/
    Plato, Jan 24, 2006
  7. Helen Breen

    clot Guest

    Plato wrote:
    > Helen Breen wrote:
    >>
    >> I AM ABLE TO SEND E-MAILS BUT I CANNOT
    >> RECEIVE ANY. WHY IS THIS? I USE OUTLOOK

    > Your password is wrong.
    >
    >> EXPRESS ON WINDOWS 98 MY EMAIL ADDRESS IS HELEN.BREEN@TESCONET

    Hmm, Plato. TescoDOTnet?
    clot, Jan 24, 2006
  8. Helen Breen

    Dirk Diggler Guest

    "Helen Breen" <> said in news:40aBf.53657$q4.46459
    @newsfe2-gui.ntli.net:

    > I AM ABLE TO SEND E-MAILS BUT I CANNOT
    > RECEIVE ANY. WHY IS THIS? I USE OUTLOOK
    > EXPRESS ON WINDOWS 98 MY EMAIL ADDRESS IS HELEN.BREEN@TESCONET

    It's because your cap key is broke. You are now banded from using the
    Internet.

    Dirk
    Dirk Diggler, Jan 30, 2006