    icon appears in the toolbar on the bottom right, and yet when you check the
    inbox, NOTHING NEW has come in? What's the deal with that? I have WinXP
    Home, btw. Thanks
    mistuh, Mar 26, 2006

  2. mistuh

    Gordon Guest

    mistuh wrote:

    > Anybody ever experience this weirdness in OE, when the "you have new
    > email" icon appears in the toolbar on the bottom right, and yet when you
    > check the
    > inbox, NOTHING NEW has come in? What's the deal with that? I have WinXP
    > Home, btw. Thanks

    Do you have filters set up? Any blocked senders for example? OE (like
    Outlook) will notify you of ANY mail that is downloaded, whether it goes
    into the Inbox or elsewhere.

    --
    Gordon Burgess-Parker
    www.gbpcomputing.co.uk
    Gordon, Mar 26, 2006

  3. mistuh

    mistuh Guest

    "Gordon" <> wrote in message
    > mistuh wrote:
    >
    >> Anybody ever experience this weirdness in OE, when the "you have new
    >> email" icon appears in the toolbar on the bottom right, and yet when you
    >> check the
    >> inbox, NOTHING NEW has come in? What's the deal with that? I have
    >> WinXP
    >> Home, btw. Thanks

    > Do you have filters set up? Any blocked senders for example? OE (like
    > Outlook) will notify you of ANY mail that is downloaded, whether it goes
    > into the Inbox or elsewhere.
    >
    > --
    > Gordon Burgess-Parker
    > Interim Systems and Management Accounting
    > www.gbpcomputing.co.uk

    Indeed i *do*....thanks! I have both blocked senders and various other
    filters for the annoying spam. If i set the filters for "do not download
    from server" would it ELIMINATE that?
    mistuh, Mar 26, 2006