    entering an email address.

    cheers,

    will.

    will, Aug 16, 2004

  2. will

    Malcolm Guest

    will wrote:
    > hi,
    >
    > i remember i used to be able to send email via the SMS service on mobile
    > phones, i did a couple of times via Vodafone on a Alcatel phone about 3
    > years ago, cost the same as a normal TXT.
    >
    > is this service still available? or has it been replaced by GPRS & friends?
    >
    > my current phone, a Seimens, only takes numbers so i can't even try
    > entering an email address.
    >
    > cheers,
    >
    > will.

    Hi
    Start a text message with then your test message...

    Then send to +6421010099

    Cheers
    Malcolm

    Malcolm, Aug 16, 2004

  3. will

    Collector Guest

    Malcolm said the following on 16/08/2004 18:21:

    > will wrote:
    >
    >> hi,
    >>
    >> i remember i used to be able to send email via the SMS service on
    >> mobile phones, i did a couple of times via Vodafone on a Alcatel phone
    >> about 3 years ago, cost the same as a normal TXT.
    >>
    >> is this service still available? or has it been replaced by GPRS &
    >> friends?
    >>
    >> my current phone, a Seimens, only takes numbers so i can't even try
    >> entering an email address.
    >>
    >> cheers,
    >>
    >> will.

    > Hi
    > Start a text message with then your test message...
    >
    > Then send to +6421010099
    >
    > Cheers
    > Malcolm

    Didnt work for me, perhaps 1 digit missing on the number?

    Collector, Aug 16, 2004
  4. will

    Malcolm Guest

    Collector wrote:
    > Malcolm said the following on 16/08/2004 18:21:
    >
    >> will wrote:
    >>
    >>> hi,
    >>>
    >>> i remember i used to be able to send email via the SMS service on
    >>> mobile phones, i did a couple of times via Vodafone on a Alcatel
    >>> phone about 3 years ago, cost the same as a normal TXT.
    >>>
    >>> is this service still available? or has it been replaced by GPRS &
    >>> friends?
    >>>
    >>> my current phone, a Seimens, only takes numbers so i can't even try
    >>> entering an email address.
    >>>
    >>> cheers,
    >>>
    >>> will.

    >> Hi
    >> Start a text message with then your test message...
    >>
    >> Then send to +6421010099
    >>
    >> Cheers
    >> Malcolm

    > Didnt work for me, perhaps 1 digit missing on the number?

    Hmm...worked fine for me

    Send me an e-mail with an e-mail account to send to, I can do a test...?

    Malcolm, Aug 16, 2004
  5. will

    Malcolm Guest

    John wrote:
    > "Malcolm" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>will wrote:
    >>
    >>>hi,
    >>>
    >>>i remember i used to be able to send email via the SMS service on mobile
    >>>phones, i did a couple of times via Vodafone on a Alcatel phone about 3
    >>>years ago, cost the same as a normal TXT.
    >>>
    >>>is this service still available? or has it been replaced by GPRS &

    > friends?
    >
    >>>my current phone, a Seimens, only takes numbers so i can't even try
    >>>entering an email address.
    >>>
    >>>cheers,
    >>>
    >>>will.

    >>Hi
    >>Start a text message with then your test message...
    >>
    >>Then send to +6421010099
    >>
    >>Cheers
    >>Malcolm

    > Where did you get that number from, as it doesn't work.

    Vodafone...works fine for me...

    Malcolm, Aug 16, 2004
  6. will

    John Guest

    John, Aug 16, 2004
  7. will

    G.Force Guest

    Malcolm wrote:

    > John wrote:
    >
    >> "Malcolm" <> wrote in message

    >> friends?

    >>> Hi
    >>> Start a text message with then your test message...
    >>>
    >>> Then send to +6421010099
    >>>
    >>> Cheers
    >>> Malcolm

    >> Where did you get that number from, as it doesn't work.
    >>

    > Vodafone...works fine for me...

    Works for me too

    Maybe someone's sending their message to you reckon? :0D

    G.Force, Aug 17, 2004
  8. will

    Malcolm Guest

    G.Force wrote:
    > Malcolm wrote:
    >
    >> John wrote:
    >>
    >>> "Malcolm" <> wrote in message

    >>> friends?

    >>> Where did you get that number from, as it doesn't work.
    >>>

    >> Vodafone...works fine for me...

    > Works for me too
    >
    > Maybe someone's sending their message to you reckon?
    > :0D

    Damn...never thought of that.... should have said
    <>

    Malcolm, Aug 17, 2004
  9. will

    A Guest

    On Tue, 17 Aug 2004 16:48:27 +1200, "G.Force"
    <> wrote:

    >Malcolm wrote:
    >
    >> John wrote:
    >>
    >>> "Malcolm" <> wrote in message

    >>> friends?

    >>> Where did you get that number from, as it doesn't work.
    >>>

    >> Vodafone...works fine for me...

    >Works for me too
    >
    >Maybe someone's sending their message to you reckon? :0D

    Ditto. Works for me too.

    A couple of questions/points:

    1. Is there a difference between the + sign and the + sign used for
    international numbers?

    2. Do you have to use the +64 or can you use 0211010099?

    A, Aug 17, 2004
  10. will

    Malcolm Guest

    A wrote:

    <snip>

    >>>Vodafone...works fine for me...

    >>Works for me too
    >>
    >>Maybe someone's sending their message to you reckon? :0D

    > Ditto. Works for me too.
    >
    > A couple of questions/points:
    >
    > 1. Is there a difference between the + sign and the + sign used for
    > international numbers?

    As long as a + sign before the number, this will classify as an
    international Country code number as far as I'm aware.

    > 2. Do you have to use the +64 or can you use 0211010099?

    Yes, has to be the the number +6421010099 to work.

    Malcolm, Aug 17, 2004