    Rose

    --
    http://rwgallery.gogax.com

    RoseW, Jun 13, 2009

  2. RoseW

    TMA Guest

    or else you can use the neat Windows Live Mail which you can download for
    free directly from the MS website ;)

    Go to www.microsoft.com and look for Windows Live, and when you download the
    little installer, it will prompt you which programs you want. Messenger,
    Live Mail, Picture viewer, ...

    That's the program we all seem to be using here.

    TMA, Jun 13, 2009

  3. RoseW

    Vic Baron Guest

    erm.... I thought she was looking for an "alternative to WLM" as stated in
    the post. I would assume WLM = Windows Live Mail.

    Rose - even though they say 64 bit is not supported, it works just fine for
    me.

    Vic Baron, Jun 13, 2009
  4. Do they have any supporting documents in English?

    If you want English documentation try Mozilla Thunderbird. I'm using it
    in Win 7 currently, but I have never seen any problem with it in any
    version of Windows. http://www.mozillamessaging.com/en-US/thunderbird/

    Bobby Johnson, Jun 13, 2009
  5. RoseW

    RoseW Guest

    "Bobby Johnson" <> wrote in message
    | Do they have any supporting documents in English?
    |
    | If you want English documentation try Mozilla Thunderbird. I'm using it
    | in Win 7 currently, but I have never seen any problem with it in any
    | version of Windows. http://www.mozillamessaging.com/en-US/thunderbird/
    <snip>
    I tried Thunderbird yesterday and after including some newgroups the
    software stopped responding. It wasn't the server (cnews corel) for I could
    open OE and that server was in action.
    Mail placed in the Unsent (since there isn't an outbox) left a copy in that
    box after the mail was sent.
    Each person in my address book required editing for 'html' messages if an
    image was to be inline.
    The latter two items I could lie with but the unresponding didn't impress
    <grin>
    There is a new version 3 Thunderbird on the horizon and perhaps there will
    even be 64 bit coming along.

    I tried Windows Live Mail earlier in this year on Xp and it was pretty but I
    didn't care for the style of duplicate folders. I guess I have to give it a
    second look.
    Rose

    RoseW, Jun 13, 2009
  6. Not know the details of your installation I can't comment as to why
    Thunderbird would stop responding. I have been using it for newsgroups
    for at least 5 or 6 years and have never encountered such a problem.

    I guess when you start from scratch with Thunderbird there can be some
    tweaking needed. I have been using it for so long I can't even remember
    when it was. The 64-bit version is virtually identical to the 32-bit.
    It can be downloaded as a Beta from:
    http://wiki.mozilla-x86-64.com/Thunderbird:Download

    I have been running it on Win XP & 7 x64 for a year or two.

    Bobby Johnson, Jun 14, 2009
  7. Rose,

    If you go to Newsgroups: corel.PaintShopProX you will see that I have
    responded to one of your old posts using Mozilla Thunderbird. The
    problem is not Thunderbird, but your settings are apparently incorrect.

    Bobby Johnson, Jun 14, 2009
  8. Rose,

    You apparently don't have your settings correct. I just subscribed two
    Corel news groups in Thunderbird and they work perfectly - Thunderbird
    does not become unresponsive.

    I can even read posts by RoseW.

    Bobby Johnson, Jun 14, 2009
  9. RoseW

    | Not know the details of your installation I can't comment as to why
    | Thunderbird would stop responding. I have been using it for newsgroups
    | for at least 5 or 6 years and have never encountered such a problem.
    |
    | I guess when you start from scratch with Thunderbird there can be some
    | tweaking needed. I have been using it for so long I can't even remember
    | when it was. The 64-bit version is virtually identical to the 32-bit.
    | It can be downloaded as a Beta from:
    | http://wiki.mozilla-x86-64.com/Thunderbird:Download
    |
    | I have been running it on Win XP & 7 x64 for a year or two.

    I saw your post in the Corel newsgroups and responded <grin>
    This link that you gave above isn't the one that I downloaded.
    I'll give that v3 (x86-64) a try.
    Thanks for the input.
    Rose

    | RoseW wrote:
    | > "Bobby Johnson" <> wrote in message
    | > | Do they have any supporting documents in English?
    | > |

    RoseW, Jun 14, 2009
  10. RoseW

    roman modic Guest

    roman modic, Jun 15, 2009
  11. RoseW

    Charlie Tame Guest

    I have seen the "Stopped Responding" thing with Thunderbird and Firefox
    on Win 7 64, but not on Vista 64, so I am guessing that there is some
    bit of common code that is not fully W 7 compliant yet. As you said it
    mostly show up with newsgroups, but not always and not with the same group.

    Charlie Tame, Jun 19, 2009
  12. Have never experienced this running Thunderbird on Windows 7.

    I use Thunderbird for Newsgroups and am writing this in Thunderbird.
    Look at you entire system to see what's going on - Nothing wrong with
    Thunderbird! If there was you would see loads of complaints in the
    Mozilla forums and they're just not there!

    Bobby Johnson, Jun 19, 2009