    TOOLS-Account settings and unchecking 'use signature'? Thanks.
    --
    E-Mail me at .
    Joe, Dec 19, 2005

  2. Joe wrote:

    > I am using Thunderbird. Sometimes I want to attach a signature to an
    > email and sometimes I don't. Is there a way to do that without going
    > to TOOLS-Account settings and unchecking 'use signature'? Thanks.

    Simplest way is to leave your sig settings as they are, and in an email
    where you don't want a sig, swipe it with the mouse (select/highlight)
    and press the Delete key. Takes only a second or so. <g>

    --
    -bts
    -Warning: I brake for lawn deer
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Dec 19, 2005

  3. Joe

    Joe Guest

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
    > Joe wrote:
    >

    >>I am using Thunderbird. Sometimes I want to attach a signature to an
    >>email and sometimes I don't. Is there a way to do that without going
    >>to TOOLS-Account settings and unchecking 'use signature'? Thanks.

    > Simplest way is to leave your sig settings as they are, and in an email
    > where you don't want a sig, swipe it with the mouse (select/highlight)
    > and press the Delete key. Takes only a second or so. <g>

    Good Idea!

    --
    E-Mail me at .
    Joe, Dec 19, 2005
  4. Joe wrote:

    > Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:

    >> Simplest way is to leave your sig settings as they are, and in an email
    >> where you don't want a sig, swipe it with the mouse (select/highlight)
    >> and press the Delete key. Takes only a second or so. <g>
    >>

    > Good Idea!
    >
    > --
    > E-Mail me at .

    Make sure your signature delimiter is two dashes followed by a whitespace,
    others are ont recognized and won't be stripped off automagically.
    And .... you want SPAM, much of it, do you? Really?
    Otherwise consider http://members.aol.com/emailfaq/mungfaq.html when posting
    to public usenet newsgroups or web forums.
    Linux 2.6.12-mm2 [LinuxCounter#295241,ICQ#4918962]
    Walter Mautner, Dec 19, 2005