    Am running PC-cillin... Ad-Aware...Spybot-searchdestroy...spywareblaster

    TIA
    Tinytim
    tinytim, Aug 11, 2004

  2. tinytim

    Unk Guest

    On Wed, 11 Aug 2004 06:12:38 +0100, "tinytim" <Anybody.co@home> wrote:

    >Can you help please?
    >
    >New computer with XP pro and learning difference from Windows 98.
    >
    >Problem is..... email server setting keeps changing from pop3 to local host
    >
    >Am running PC-cillin... Ad-Aware...Spybot-searchdestroy...spywareblaster
    >
    >TIA
    >Tinytim

    Your anti-virus is changing it so it can intercept, and check for viruses.
    Unk, Aug 11, 2004

  3. tinytim

    tinytim Guest

    Thanks for your speedy reply and advice "Unk"

    PC-cillin is also new to me , used AVG before, so I will turn off the email
    scan and try that.

    Many thanks.

    Tinytim

    tinytim, Aug 11, 2004
  4. tinytim

    Unk Guest

    You're welcome.

    Unk, Aug 11, 2004
  5. tinytim

    geopelia Guest

    "Unk" <> wrote in message
    > You're welcome.
    >
    > On Wed, 11 Aug 2004 06:27:09 +0100, "tinytim" <Anybody.co@home> wrote:
    >
    > >Thanks for your speedy reply and advice "Unk"
    > >
    > >PC-cillin is also new to me , used AVG before, so I will turn off the

    email
    > >scan and try that.
    > >
    > >Many thanks.
    > >
    > >Tinytim
    > >

    > >"Unk" <> wrote in message

    local
    > >host

    Ad-Aware...Spybot-searchdestroy...spywareblaster

    > >> Your anti-virus is changing it so it can intercept, and check for

    viruses.

    Mine does the same. I've got Windows ME and PC-cillin.
    I know how to change it back, but it's a bit of a nuisance. Not to worry
    though, if it is catching all the viruses.
    Nice to know why it does it, thanks.

    Geopelia

    geopelia, Aug 11, 2004