    plze give answers to both sites

    gmail and yahoo mail

    thanks for your replies
    vid, Feb 27, 2008

  2. vid

    Plato Guest

    vid wrote:

    > hi all how do I edit my email address so when I send it to a large
    > group.... for instance on here or yahoo... that my whole email address
    > doesnt show

    If you want people to take you seriously, than you WANT your email
    address to show, even if it's disposable email address like I use for my
    newsletter.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/
    Plato, Feb 28, 2008

  3. vid

    Mike Easter Guest

    vid wrote:
    > hi all how do I edit my email address so when I send it to a large
    > group.... for instance on here

    When you post to usenet newsgroups via GG googlegroups, many of the
    world's newsreaders are configured to show just your handle vid in the
    From. The googlegroupers will also see vid unless they click more
    options, in which case the googlegroupers will see a munged version of
    the address you logged into GG with. Normal usenet readers will be able
    to see your GG login by looking at the headers. When you are replied to
    by a normal nntp newsreader, there is a wide variety of how your handle
    and/or shows in the attribution line. My newsreader just shows your
    handle, no email address, no date/time, no messageid, no cute remarks
    like scribbled or ridiculous long attribution.

    > or yahoo...

    or Yahoo what? Groups?

    > that my whole email address
    > doesnt show

    .... that your whole email address doesn't show under what conditions?

    Why don't you start all over again and describe in detail what and how
    you would send to 'a large group'? Googlegroups? Like you are doing
    here posting into a usenet group? A mailing list that you would mail
    with your gmail account which you are currently logged into? A
    googlespecific group which shows a different kind of header than a
    usenet googlegroup posting?

    --
    Mike Easter
    Mike Easter, Feb 28, 2008
  4. vid

    VanguardLH Guest

    "vid" wrote in message
    > hi all how do I edit my email address so when I send it to a large
    > group.... for instance on here or yahoo... that my whole email
    > address
    > doesnt show
    >
    > wouldlike it to be like this

    So you want to be a spammer. You really expected help on how to spam?

    Go read the RFCs regarding how e-mail is supposed to work, like RFC
    2822. Then find an e-mail client that lets you specify any string, or
    no string, in the From header or doesn't even add one to your message.
    Then struggle to get out of the blacklists when recipients report your
    spam and out from the Bayesian databases when they tag your e-mails as
    spam.

    Acting like a spammer makes you a spammer.
    VanguardLH, Feb 28, 2008