    --
    Snake-Eyes
    (nickname) AT mchsi DOT com

    Snake-Eyes, Dec 1, 2003

  2. Snake-Eyes

    [ Doc Jeff ] Guest

    On Mon, 01 Dec 2003 09:15:14 GMT, Snake-Eyes <Who_Am_I?@amnesia.com>
    wrote:

    >Does anybody know of a SMTP server address to use to send Email and/or
    >Newsgroup Post so that my IP address/Client ID is showing?
    >
    >I have tried with no success on using a Remailer.
    >
    >I found a SMTP capable proxy once, but all that did was add another
    >"Recieved: from (server)..." header.

    Can't help here. Open SMTPs are all over the place. Check your spam
    headers for examples...

    [ Doc Jeff ], Dec 1, 2003

  3. "Snake-Eyes" <Who_Am_I?@amnesia.com> wrote in message
    > Does anybody know of a SMTP server address to use to send Email and/or
    > Newsgroup Post so that my IP address/Client ID is showing?
    >
    > I have tried with no success on using a Remailer.
    >
    > I found a SMTP capable proxy once, but all that did was add another
    > "Recieved: from (server)..." header.

    It does already: NNTP-Posting-Host and, as you say, the Received headers.

    http://www.codecutters.org/spam/smtpheaders1.html

    for how to read 'em. The first line Received line indicates the last server
    that the mail passed through (generally the only server, unless relays are
    involved); the reference after the "from" is the actual client, rather than
    the server. You'll find that after the "by".

    --

    Hairy One Kenobi

    in the first place. So there!

    Hairy One Kenobi, Dec 1, 2003
  4. Snake-Eyes

    Snake-Eyes Guest

    I meant NOT showing!
    I was tired when I sent this.
    --
    Snake-Eyes
    (nickname) AT mchsi DOT com

    O n Mon, 1 Dec 2003 5:02:51 -0600, Hairy One Kenobi wrote
    (in message <jiFyb.2788$>):

    Snake-Eyes, Dec 1, 2003
  5. Snake-Eyes

    *Vanguard* Guest

    Snake-Eyes wrote:
    > I meant NOT showing!
    > I was tired when I sent this.
    >
    >> "Snake-Eyes" <Who_Am_I?@amnesia.com> wrote in message
    >>> Does anybody know of a SMTP server address to use to send Email
    >>> and/or Newsgroup Post so that my IP address/Client ID is showing?
    >>>
    >>> I have tried with no success on using a Remailer.
    >>>
    >>> I found a SMTP capable proxy once, but all that did was add another
    >>> "Recieved: from (server)..." header.

    >> It does already: NNTP-Posting-Host and, as you say, the Received
    >> headers.
    >>
    >> http://www.codecutters.org/spam/smtpheaders1.html
    >>
    >> for how to read 'em. The first line Received line indicates the last
    >> server that the mail passed through (generally the only server,
    >> unless relays are involved); the reference after the "from" is the
    >> actual client, rather than the server. You'll find that after the
    >> "by".

    Use Anonymizer's e-mail service. The IP address shown and Received
    headers will be from their domain. I doubt they permit spewage of spam
    and will probably kill a spammer's account real quick. Obviously they
    won't want to get on any of the public DNSBLs (DNS blacklists) or RBLs
    (relay blacklists).

    *** Post replies to newsgroup. E-mail is not accepted. ***

    *Vanguard*, Dec 1, 2003