email problem

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by reginald biggs, Sep 13, 2006.

  1. can receive but not send email from outlook express I just get the unable
    to connect to server message this has been a long standing problem
    reginald biggs, Sep 13, 2006

  2. reginald biggs wrote:
    > can receive but not send email from outlook express I just get the unable
    > to connect to server message this has been a long standing problem

    is it me or does ntworld post a lot of problems with their servers?
    Miss Claire-Alle, Sep 13, 2006

  3. reginald biggs

    Zeep Guest

    "Miss Claire-Alle" <> wrote in message
    > reginald biggs wrote:
    >> can receive but not send email from outlook express I just get the
    >> unable to connect to server message this has been a long standing problem

    > is it me or does ntworld post a lot of problems with their servers?

    no , just their punters
    ;-(

    Zeep, Sep 13, 2006
  4. reginald biggs

    dfrog Guest

    "reginald biggs" <> wrote in message
    > can receive but not send email from outlook express I just get the
    > unable to connect to server message this has been a long standing problem

    Reginald,
    If you go here >>>>>>>

    http://www.ntlworld.com/helpsupport/

    and select "How do I set up email" and follow it all the way thro', that
    should solve your problem.
    It looks as tho' your POP3 server settings (receiving mail) are OK but
    something is amiss with your SMTP server settings (sending mail)
    HTH
    dfrog
    dfrog, Sep 13, 2006
  5. reginald biggs

    Whiskers Guest

    On 2006-09-13, reginald biggs <> wrote:
    > can receive but not send email from outlook express I just get the unable
    > to connect to server message this has been a long standing problem

    Check your ISP's 'system status' reports, and also make sure that you have
    the correct settings in your email program. If that doesn't answer your
    question then contact your ISP's 'help' or 'support'.

    --
    -- Whiskers
    Whiskers, Sep 13, 2006