email problem

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Netty, Feb 5, 2006.

  1. Netty

    Netty Guest

    I have Norton Systemworks 2005. I've just ran a live update & rebooted the
    pc as prompted. Now when I try to download my emails from the server it asks
    for my password details. When I input them and click ok it keeps asking for
    them over & over until I click cancel. Then the following pops up:

    There was a problem logging onto your mail server. Your Password was
    rejected. Account: 'pop.wanadoo.co.uk', Server: 'pop.wanadoo.co.uk',
    Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR [IN-USE] Unable to lock maildrop',
    Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number:
    0x800CCC92

    Can someone decipher it for me please. The only thing that I understand is
    it doesn't like my password. Do I have a conflict between Outlook and
    Norton?

    BTW, I had interrupted the emails downloading when I had to reboot the pc.
    Could this have anything to do with it?

    TIA
    Netty
    Netty, Feb 5, 2006

  2. Netty

    EricP Guest

    On Sun, 5 Feb 2006 17:11:35 -0000, "Netty" <netty@???.com> wrote:

    >BTW, I had interrupted the emails downloading when I had to reboot the pc.
    >Could this have anything to do with it?
    >
    >TIA
    >Netty

    Ask your ISP to reset your mailbox. You can do it yourself if you
    understand Telnet, but I don't.
    EricP, Feb 5, 2006

  3. Netty

    Netty Guest

    "EricP" <> wrote in message
    > On Sun, 5 Feb 2006 17:11:35 -0000, "Netty" <netty@???.com> wrote:
    >
    >>BTW, I had interrupted the emails downloading when I had to reboot the pc.
    >>Could this have anything to do with it?
    >>
    >>TIA
    >>Netty

    > Ask your ISP to reset your mailbox. You can do it yourself if you
    > understand Telnet, but I don't.

    Is this going to mean I'll lose the emails that are waiting to be
    downloaded?
    Netty, Feb 5, 2006
  4. Netty

    Frosty Guest

    What trick, what device, what starting-hole on Sun, 5 Feb 2006
    17:19:55 -0000, canst thou now find out, to hide "Netty"
    <netty@???.com> from this open and apparent shame?:

    >"EricP" <> wrote in message
    >> On Sun, 5 Feb 2006 17:11:35 -0000, "Netty" <netty@???.com> wrote:
    >>
    >>>BTW, I had interrupted the emails downloading when I had to reboot

    the pc.
    >>>Could this have anything to do with it?
    >>>
    >>>TIA
    >>>Netty

    >> Ask your ISP to reset your mailbox. You can do it yourself if you
    >> understand Telnet, but I don't.
    >>

    >Is this going to mean I'll lose the emails that are waiting to be
    >downloaded?

    Is there any possibility that you're typing in your password
    incorrectly?
    Why not get an email client like Eudora (eudora.com) and/or save your
    password in it so you don't have to worry about all that typing in
    your password every time?
    --

    "The Borg assimilated my race, and all I got was this crummy tagline."
    Frosty, Feb 6, 2006
  5. Netty

    Plato Guest

    Netty wrote:

    > I have Norton Systemworks 2005. I've just ran a live update & rebooted the

    Remove it ASAP.

    --
    http://www.kissmyip.com/
    Plato, Feb 6, 2006