    else that sends me email is normal, I just get it one time, I only have
    problems with this one person, she is running XP/OE6 and so am I, has anyone
    ever seen this, what could her problem be,,thank you,,,,,

    Barry, Nov 11, 2004

  2. Barry

    °Mike° Guest

    Go around to your friends house and teach her how
    to send email properly.

    On Thu, 11 Nov 2004 12:13:35 -0600, in
    <>
    Barry scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Nov 11, 2004

  3. Barry

    Barry Guest

    Hello mike, she's about 400 miles away so it would be kind of hard to just
    go around to her house and teach her anything, But seriously what could she
    be doing wrong,,,

    Barry, Nov 11, 2004
  4. Barry

    °Mike° Guest

    I have no idea what she is doing wrong, but the fact
    that you only have this problem with this one person,
    must tell you that she is doing SOMETHING wrong.
    I could understand the occasional duplicated mail,
    but EIGHT copies, every time? You need to talk to
    her; ask her to go through her settings with you, and
    ask her to explain her exact steps in sending mail. Ask
    her things like: does she get frequent error messages?
    Does she notice that mail doesn't seem to send the first
    time, which encourages her to send it again, "just in case"?
    Does she have this problem with other people?

    On Thu, 11 Nov 2004 12:41:57 -0600, in
    <>
    Barry scrawled:

    >Hello mike, she's about 400 miles away so it would be kind of
    >hard to just go around to her house and teach her anything,
    >But seriously what could she be doing wrong,,,

    <snip>

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Nov 11, 2004
  5. Barry

    Plato Guest

    Barry wrote:

    > Hello mike, she's about 400 miles away so it would be kind of hard to just
    > go around to her house and teach her anything, But seriously what could she
    > be doing wrong,,,

    NOthing. she loves you and wants to make sure you read her.

    Plato, Nov 11, 2004
  6. Barry

    Rob B. Guest

    It's possible that you have a large/stuck email message on the pop server
    you use.
    POP servers sorta work like this ...

    Your mail program goes to the pop server, gives it a username and password,
    it starts to download the mail, but it something interupts it and you stop
    receiveing mail, it will reset the messages on the server so that don't
    loose that mail (in case your computer disconnected, ... etc). Next time
    you POP the mail server, you'll download all the mail again, including any
    you have already seen. I say contact your ISP or check your mail via
    webmail to look for any wierd/corrupt/large messages on the server. Delete
    it if you find it.

    rob
    techhowto.org

    Rob B., Nov 11, 2004
  7. Barry

    Barry Guest

    Hello rob, yes that would be my idea also, if it done everyones email like
    that, but like I said, it only do that with one person, It's got to be
    something she's doing wrong, but I don't know what,,,

    Barry, Nov 11, 2004
  8. Barry

    gangle Guest

    "Barry" wrote
    > I have a friend that emails me a lot, but I get the same email about 8 time,
    > all of them at the same time, but she says she only sent it once, everyone
    > else that sends me email is normal, I just get it one time, I only have
    > problems with this one person, she is running XP/OE6 and so am I, has anyone
    > ever seen this, what could her problem be,,thank you,,,,,

    Sometimes I wear 8 pairs of underpants on my,,head,,,,,,

    gangle, Nov 12, 2004