    everybody simply fell out with me and not contacting me anymore.

    Thankyou for any help on this matter

    Lonely Paul
    p.salah, Jul 20, 2003

  2. "p.salah" <> wrote in message
    news:DvuSa.1332$...
    > I recently fully restored my computer. Since then i have been able to send
    > emails to newsgroups such as this one, but are not able to receive any from
    > my friends etc. Is there something i need to do to receive emails or has
    > everybody simply fell out with me and not contacting me anymore.
    >
    > Thankyou for any help on this matter
    >
    > Lonely Paul

    Check you settings at http://www.ntlworld.com/help/generalHelp/settings.html and
    then send yourself yourself an e-mail to test it.
    If that doesn't work use the NTL webmail facility to see if there is any mail
    waiting for you http://www.ntlworld.com/framedContent/cpFrame.htm?webmail
    Steven Pilbeam, Jul 20, 2003

  3. p.salah wrote:

    > I recently fully restored my computer. Since then i have been able to send
    > emails to newsgroups such as this one, but are not able to receive any
    > from my friends etc. Is there something i need to do to receive emails or
    > has everybody simply fell out with me and not contacting me anymore.
    >
    > Thankyou for any help on this matter

    Usenet (Newsgroups) is NOT email. They are two completely different
    protocols. Obviously your email settings are not correct. Verify them with
    your ISP.

    --
    Gary G. Taylor * Rialto, CA
    Gary G. Taylor, Jul 21, 2003