    Thunderbird. Any suggestions on how to change it? (She already
    uninstalled the program and reinstalled...it still shows her old
    password.)
    Tim H., Dec 14, 2004

  2. Tim H.

    Godwyn IV Guest

    Tim H. wrote:
    > Since she changed ISPs, my friend can't get her email using
    > Thunderbird. She can send mail ok but when she selects "Get Mail" it
    > says it can't connect to the server. It seems to be using her old
    > ISP's password but we can't find the option to change it in
    > Thunderbird. Any suggestions on how to change it? (She already
    > uninstalled the program and reinstalled...it still shows her old
    > password.)

    Try creating a new account

    File > New > Account

    Enter all the pertinent info there.

    Godwyn IV
    Godwyn IV, Dec 14, 2004

  3. Tim H.

    Z Guest

    Tim H. wrote:
    > Since she changed ISPs, my friend can't get her email using
    > Thunderbird. She can send mail ok but when she selects "Get Mail" it
    > says it can't connect to the server. It seems to be using her old
    > ISP's password but we can't find the option to change it in
    > Thunderbird. Any suggestions on how to change it? (She already
    > uninstalled the program and reinstalled...it still shows her old
    > password.)

    Tools > Options > Advanced > Saved Passwords > View

    Find and select the POP server entry > Remove

    Shutdown and restart Thunderbird

    You should get a password dialog box on connect to the POP server
    Z, Dec 14, 2004
  4. Tim H. wrote:
    > Since she changed ISPs, my friend can't get her email using
    > Thunderbird. She can send mail ok but when she selects "Get Mail" it
    > says it can't connect to the server. It seems to be using her old
    > ISP's password but we can't find the option to change it in
    > Thunderbird. Any suggestions on how to change it? (She already
    > uninstalled the program and reinstalled...it still shows her old
    > password.)

    Tools>>Options>>Privacy>>Passwords>>View Stored Passwords

    Delete any passwords related to either the new or old account. Try
    again, making sure to enter the password correctly.

    If that doesn't do it, there have been some issues recently with the
    latest NAV updates and TB. If your friend is using NAV, have her try
    disabling it and see if the mail comes in. I understand that the most
    recent LiveUpdates have fixed this problem. I don;t use NAV, so I can't
    speak to it directly.

    On that same vein, even if she doesn't use NAV, have her try disabling
    AV, and then firewall for a test run, to see if the problem lies there.

    Lee
    Leonidas Jones, Dec 14, 2004
  5. Leonidas Jones wrote:
    > Tim H. wrote:
    >
    >> Since she changed ISPs, my friend can't get her email using
    >> Thunderbird. She can send mail ok but when she selects "Get Mail" it
    >> says it can't connect to the server. It seems to be using her old
    >> ISP's password but we can't find the option to change it in
    >> Thunderbird. Any suggestions on how to change it? (She already
    >> uninstalled the program and reinstalled...it still shows her old
    >> password.)

    > Tools>>Options>>Privacy>>Passwords>>View Stored Passwords
    >
    > Delete any passwords related to either the new or old account. Try
    > again, making sure to enter the password correctly.
    >
    > If that doesn't do it, there have been some issues recently with the
    > latest NAV updates and TB. If your friend is using NAV, have her try
    > disabling it and see if the mail comes in. I understand that the most
    > recent LiveUpdates have fixed this problem. I don;t use NAV, so I can't
    > speak to it directly.
    >
    > On that same vein, even if she doesn't use NAV, have her try disabling
    > AV, and then firewall for a test run, to see if the problem lies there.
    >
    > Lee

    I am sorry, there is no Privacy tab in the TB Options, I was thinking of FF.

    Lee
    Leonidas Jones, Dec 14, 2004
  6. Tim H.

    FCC Guest

    Tim H. articulated on 12/14/04 21:24:

    >Since she changed ISPs, my friend can't get her email using
    >Thunderbird. She can send mail ok but when she selects "Get Mail" it
    >says it can't connect to the server. It seems to be using her old
    >ISP's password but we can't find the option to change it in
    >Thunderbird. Any suggestions on how to change it? (She already
    >uninstalled the program and reinstalled...it still shows her old
    >password.)

    With the POP access, there seems to be an issue with Thunderbird 1.0,
    because as you described here, I can send e-mail through my gmail
    account, but cannot check e-mail there. On the other hand, my primary
    IMAP account works just fine.

    It could be a problem with SSL as well, because gmail requires SSL while
    checking e-mail, and TLS while sending e-mail. Does her e-mail account
    require SSL as well?

    --
    FCC.
    FCC, Dec 15, 2004
  7. Tim H.

    FCC Guest

    FCC articulated on 12/15/04 11:28:

    > With the POP access, there seems to be an issue with Thunderbird 1.0,
    >
    >because as you described here, I can send e-mail through my gmail
    >account, but cannot check e-mail there. On the other hand, my primary
    >IMAP account works just fine.
    >
    >It could be a problem with SSL as well, because gmail requires SSL while
    >checking e-mail, and TLS while sending e-mail. Does her e-mail account
    >require SSL as well?

    It turns out that after rebooting the problem has disappeared. Now I
    could check gmail account as well, no problems...

    --
    FCC.
    FCC, Dec 15, 2004
  8. FCC wrote:
    > FCC articulated on 12/15/04 11:28:
    >

    >>With the POP access, there seems to be an issue with Thunderbird 1.0,
    >>
    >>because as you described here, I can send e-mail through my gmail
    >>account, but cannot check e-mail there. On the other hand, my primary
    >>IMAP account works just fine.
    >>
    >>It could be a problem with SSL as well, because gmail requires SSL while
    >>checking e-mail, and TLS while sending e-mail. Does her e-mail account
    >>require SSL as well?
    >>

    > It turns out that after rebooting the problem has disappeared. Now I
    > could check gmail account as well, no problems...

    I suspect it was you AV, Do you have NAV?

    Lee
    Leonidas Jones, Dec 15, 2004