    'send a link' nothing happens. It used to bring up an email page to send.
    Any ideas??
    TIA

    Fred, Jul 13, 2005

  2. Fred

    Toolman Tim Guest

    "Fred" <> wrote in message
    news:42d59506$...
    > Running windows xp with IE version 6. When selecting 'send page by email'
    > or 'send a link' nothing happens. It used to bring up an email page to
    > send. Any ideas??
    > TIA

    Hi, Fred. Check your default email client settings. Open Internet Explorer,
    click on Tools, Internet Options, then the Program tab. Under email, select
    one of the options from the pull-down list.

    Toolman Tim, Jul 13, 2005

  3. Fred

    Fred Guest

    "Toolman Tim" <> wrote in message

    > "Fred" <> wrote in message
    >> Running windows xp with IE version 6. When selecting 'send page by email'
    >> or 'send a link' nothing happens. It used to bring up an email page to
    >> send. Any ideas??
    >> TIA

    > Hi, Fred. Check your default email client settings. Open Internet
    > Explorer, click on Tools, Internet Options, then the Program tab. Under
    > email, select one of the options from the pull-down list.

    Thanks. Had done that. Outlook express is selected. Sorry to say it's not
    just as simple as that.

    Fred, Jul 14, 2005
  4. Fred

    Toolman Tim Guest

    "Fred" <> wrote in message

    > "Toolman Tim" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Fred" <> wrote in message
    >>> Running windows xp with IE version 6. When selecting 'send page by
    >>> email' or 'send a link' nothing happens. It used to bring up an email
    >>> page to send. Any ideas??
    >>> TIA

    >> Hi, Fred. Check your default email client settings. Open Internet
    >> Explorer, click on Tools, Internet Options, then the Program tab. Under
    >> email, select one of the options from the pull-down list.

    > Thanks. Had done that. Outlook express is selected. Sorry to say it's not
    > just as simple as that.

    Okay - Try this: click on start, run and type regsvr32 urlmon.dll press
    enter, then go to IE tools internet options /programs and select reset web
    settings, reboot and see if that works.

    Toolman Tim, Jul 14, 2005
  5. Fred

    > "Fred" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Toolman Tim" <> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> "Fred" <> wrote in message
    >>> Hi, Fred. Check your default email client settings. Open Internet
    >>> Explorer, click on Tools, Internet Options, then the Program tab. Under
    >>> email, select one of the options from the pull-down list.

    >> Thanks. Had done that. Outlook express is selected. Sorry to say it's not
    >> just as simple as that.
    >>>

    > Okay - Try this: click on start, run and type regsvr32 urlmon.dll press
    > enter, then go to IE tools internet options /programs and select reset web
    > settings, reboot and see if that works.

    Thanks Tim. Tried that - but no joy.

    Fred, Jul 14, 2005
  6. Fred

    Toolman Tim Guest

    "Fred" <> wrote in message

    > "Toolman Tim" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Fred" <> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> "Toolman Tim" <> wrote in message

    >>> Thanks. Had done that. Outlook express is selected. Sorry to say it's
    >>> not just as simple as that.
    >>>>

    >> Okay - Try this: click on start, run and type regsvr32 urlmon.dll press
    >> enter, then go to IE tools internet options /programs and select reset
    >> web settings, reboot and see if that works.

    > Thanks Tim. Tried that - but no joy.

    Bummer! I'll do a little more research, and maybe someone else has something
    to try, so keep checking back ;o)

    Toolman Tim, Jul 14, 2005
  7. Fred

    > "Fred" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Toolman Tim" <> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> "Fred" <> wrote in message

    >>> Okay - Try this: click on start, run and type regsvr32 urlmon.dll press
    >>> enter, then go to IE tools internet options /programs and select reset
    >>> web settings, reboot and see if that works.

    >> Thanks Tim. Tried that - but no joy.
    >>

    > Bummer! I'll do a little more research, and maybe someone else has
    > something to try, so keep checking back ;o)

    Many tthanks. Will do.

    Fred, Jul 14, 2005
  8. Fred

    Fred Guest

    "Fred" <> wrote in message

    > "Toolman Tim" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Fred" <> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> "Toolman Tim" <> wrote in message

    >>> Thanks Tim. Tried that - but no joy.
    >>>

    >> Bummer! I'll do a little more research, and maybe someone else has
    >> something to try, so keep checking back ;o)

    > Many tthanks. Will do.

    Further to earlier problem of not being able to send page or link from
    internet explorer ............just discovered I also can not send by right
    clicking on icon and selecting send to mail recipient. Nothing happens..
    Only way to send anything is by attachment to email. ????????????
    TIA.

    Fred, Jul 14, 2005